GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always loved the 60 and 62 series landcruisers but I needed something to tow the camper.I am slowly falling for this 99 2500 with the big block. Mileage and reliability are just slightly lower than the LC but this rig will do so much more for me.
Anyone else have the same experience of settling for the Burb but having it grow onn them?:happy:

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Theres nothing like a 'burb for traveling and towing.

·
Registered
878 Posts
X2. My first vehicle was a '75 Jimmy, but I've had four Burbs since then. I have two right now.
I have a large family, and it's great to be able to load everybody in, hook up a trailer, and still have room for groceries and a cooler. I see the Prius owners stickin' their nose at me, but if I put one of the kids in the front middle, that Prius will fit in back too.

Welcome to the Suburban family, and save that LC for wheelin'.

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
I have always been a truck guy and not an SUV guy. However after getting back into all of the hunting/fishing that i do im looking at getting one just for the purpose of hunting/fishing and towing the boat when i dont need the truck. Nice way to keep all of my gear dry and secure and i never need to worry about not having it when i get the urge to go fishing.
As to the prius drivers, i want to make a bumper sticker that says your prius does more environmental damage than my ___________ LOOK IT UP! i hate the Prius and all it stands for since you can still get a gas engine car that goes better, and gets the same milage from Chevy or Ford!

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
I've been a Toyota guy for many years, owned quite a few Land Cruisers, Deluxe's, and Tacoma's, being in the Military and stationed overseas for 14yrs Toyota's were always the best bet for reliability and parts availability but every time I was stateside the first thing I did was buy a Suburban to haul my toys its hard to take when you realize your Suburban is changing your perspectives about tow rigs.
I'm Burb-less at the moment and actually dreading towing my boat behind the Tacoma this summer, luckily my normal boating play spot is only a few miles from the house.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have an 89 FJ62, and love it for what it is.
Unique, different, "cool", etc.
That said, I don't want to take the SOB cross country, or across the state for that matter:)
It's slow and burns a ton of fuel:(

I'm keeping it because my 5 year old live in granddaughter loves it.
Fixing it up at the moment and she and I are going to take some time exploring the State on weekends and such.
Eventualy planning on a diesel conversion to veggi oil for less dependency on the oil whores.
I plan on building some great memories in it with her, and when I'm gone, or she's old enough to drive, whichever comes first, it'll be her's.

Now, for the Burb-We rented a Tahoe in December for a family trip to NC in the snow.
Loved it but wished we had the extra space the Burb offers.
The ride was excellent, comfortable and the truck performed flawlessly!

Momma has NEVER been a "car person", and NEVER wanted a "big truck."
Now, SHE want's a Suburban (lol), which works just fine for me:)

·
Registered
878 Posts
Hey, Off Duty, I remember your story...

Any luck with the auctions?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey, Off Duty, I remember your story...

Any luck with the auctions?
Unfortunaltely no, thanks for asking.
I'll just keep looking.
Gonna keep the LC as I mentioned, but it's strictly a camping/exploring rig for the Grandbaby.

Going to keep looking for a NBS Suburban for momma.
I figure with the fuel prices going up like they are, I'm bound to run into a deal somewhere along the line.
Patience is the key.

·
Registered
375 Posts
X2. My first vehicle was a '75 Jimmy, but I've had four Burbs since then. I have two right now.
I have a large family, and it's great to be able to load everybody in, hook up a trailer, and still have room for groceries and a cooler. I see the Prius owners stickin' their nose at me, but if I put one of the kids in the front middle, that Prius will fit in back too.

Welcome to the Suburban family, and save that LC for wheelin'.

Prius owners are giving you the looks out of Pure Jealousy! i love it when i see a Prius owner park at the home depot and then come out with keys for a Home depot rental truck so they can haul home the stuff they just bought. so much for a practical vehicle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts