GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I just finished The main things I wanted to do to black out my 97' extended cab c1500 and I was hoping to see some pics from everyone else who did/is doing black-out projects.

Initially I swapped out my grille for a black one, but It was raw plastic and didn't really look that great in my opinion, so i got it color-matched last weekend. Also got my bed rails powder-coated semi-gloss black and I couldn't be happier with the way it looks. So, check out my pics and leave some of your own so I can be amazed by the great looking black-out projects out there!

Thanks!

Also, if somebody could tell me why I can't upload my photos, that would be awesome. There seems to be an issue where the uploader gives me a red exclamation point for every photo I try to post.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
008.JPG 006.jpg 007.JPG

alright got those pictures to upload I didn't realize iphones made pictures so huge! every pic I take, i found out, is about 1.12mb! geez!

Attachments

·
Registered
527 Posts
Looks sweet keep on modding it.....

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I try. I bought it from my uncle last year and he bought it brand new in 97'. I've been involved 2 "accidents", but thanks to steel bumpers the only damage was to the other cars. There's one dent near the driver side taillight and one small one way under the passenger rear window, near the rocker panel. I think in about a year or 2 i'm going to get the body completely fixed and painted without a pinstripe. I'll probably just pound out the 2 dents myself once the weather gets better. For some god awful reason its snowing today in the twin cities (MN) so i won't be doing anything today

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know! I'm probably just going to buy a new black-max one from fleetfarm though. My powdercoating guy said that for the cost to sandblast that thing I might as well just buy a new one. I'll wait on that though my next planned mods are 1) a K&N FIPK and 2) a performance tune. Later this summer I'll be getting my stock rims powdercoated ultra-high gloss black. I'll get a picture up eventually, but my rims have a kind of 2-tone where the inner area is a gunmetal dark grey. I'm leaving that as-is and getting the main body of the rime powdercoated, so it will be kind of 2-tone black. Once i get the pic up you'll see what I mean

·
Registered
37 Posts
Looks good man i got a 96.... just havent had the cash to mod it yet and to bad our cruze spot closed down "porkys" :( .... it would have been somethin nice to see

·
Registered
19 Posts
i'll get new pictures of my truck up but i have painted all the chrome on the trim black, halo head lights with black backs, tinted tail lights, and eventually black rims and black tube bumpers

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Personally, I love the old tailgate banners (like mine). I think they look good it just makes me sad that mine is getting all corroded around the "VRO" it looks like the clear coat is coming off or something:grrrrrr:

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Maybe use Duplacolor bedliner spray on the tailgate cap??

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the tailgate cap is getting powder coated to match the rails once I figure out what else I need done. I'm thinking about doing the stock rims in an ultra-high gloss powder coat black and I want to do my rocker panels in line-x or rhino liner but it's way out of my budget any time soon. any suggestions on the best way to do that at-home?

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Some guys on this site have used the Duplacolor BedArmor with good results. You could do the rocker panels and tailgate cap. You could also paint your wheels with Duplacolor wheel paint. I think racekid did his wheels with the Duplacolor wheel paint.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nah i'd rather have my powder coating guy do the wheels he's got amazing prices and does great work but I might do that for the rockers. I just need to figure out how to tear off that chrome trim

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
If you mean the chrome trim side moldings they just pull off. I thought you could paint your wheels until you had the budget to powder coat them. Just a thought.

·
Registered
159 Posts
i got some pics on the picture form but idk how to add them to this one? haha im not computer savy my bad...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Looks good! You need rims though. Mine is a 1993 with the tbi 350 (stock) with 359,xxx miles! Never been rebuilt! It also has the 5 speed manual tranny. I just got done re-primering mine with rattle cans. But dont let the miles fool ya cause this thing will still get a 3rd gear scratch lol

2011-05-21%2018_13_26.jpg

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts