GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey everybody! New to the site as of today. Tommorrow I will be picking up my 2007 black Z71 Silverado and I couldn't be more excited. I have always loved the look of lifted trucks and have been thinking that lift kits were the way to go but then I found out about Leveling kits. I'm looking to get a 3inch lift overall as I read that was a safe lift for the suspension (4 being the max). What all hardware would I need to do this? Meaning...would I just need a spindle lift in the front and steel block in the back? Anybody recommend any kits in particular? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated and look forward to talking with you guys more in the future!!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
if you just want a simple 3 inches go with a 3 inch spindle lift with 2 inch blocks in the back, i have the same lift on my truck and i love it, got it from rough country and was about $320(i recomend you buying new shocks with this lift even though you dont have to), if you want an even simpler lift where you dont even have to buy new shocks then i would go with the leveling kit(much easier to install anyways), but the spindle lift would look a little better and be more noticable

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Welcome. Would this be a 2007 Classic or 2007.5 New body style? And, 4-wheel drive I assume? More info would get us closer to your needs.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ahh sorry....forgot about the classic. Nah it's the new body style 4wd.

Well I just talked to the dealer and his guy will do a 2 inch ready lift kit installed for 400$. I noticed some of you guys do the work yourself. Is it really 2-4 hours install time like they say? He recommended Ready Lift. I would really like a 3inch lift without having to get new shocks if it's possible and still have a nice ride and no worries. Would a body lift be the smarter way to go?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I'd recommend going with a leveling kit. I'm guess the dealer will use the 2.5" Kit. A body lift wont really let you run a brush guard or bull bar and I don't think it looks good when the exhaust and frame are sittin low. Leveling kits are very easy to install and yes they should take a little less then 3 hours considering your just doing the front. You won't need new shocks. Along with Readylift, which is what i'll be going with :glasses:... There's daystar and procomp. Here's some links incase you want to save some money and do it yourself.
http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.aspx?category|category_root|-30=Suspension&selected_prod_ids=1696&partid=522200
http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.aspx?category|category_root|-30=Suspension&category|cat_-30|200=Lift+Kits+&+Accessories&canned_results_trigger=&selected_prod_ids=5576

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do the leveling kits void any factory warrenties or extended warrenties?
thanks
I've asked the dealer this question as well....he's gonna let me know. He thought that a level kit would not void it but a suspension or body lift would.

finalday7-Thanks for all that info. I think i'm gonna stick with the leveling kit for now and go with Readylift. I might try and just do it myself and save about 200$ but I don't know. Anyone done one yourself?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey ditchparrots...from what i know it all depends on the dealer. My dealer said it would be fine and they would uphold the warranty. My guess is to call your dealer and ask them if they would be cool with it. But I think if you have them do it then it's Ok but if you do it yourself then they don't like that to much. Something to do with alignment issues. So to keep my warranty i'm gonna have to let the dealer install it and pay the extra 200$. Oh well! Least it gets done I guess!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
There's a post on here from awhile back that has an in writing paper that say's that a aftermarket part can not void a certain part of your warranty unless it is the direct cause of something else failing. It's on here somewhere just try and search for it. Sierraman installed his lift and a leveling kit should be even easier.
I have the instructions for the ready lift kit if you want to check them out. Email me at [email protected] and i'll send em your way.

·
Registered
270 Posts
$400 is alot of money thats what i paid and i got ripped off. Ready lift (about $250) is what i put on my avalanche z71. One thing if you do get it it should come with a spacer for your shocks. If not you will have to go to a larger shock because your stock shock will be maxed out and also you will need to get an alignment after you do it. Now if you want go cheap get a set of hate to say it but ford f150 keys. They will fit. Now I also installed bilstien 5100 off road shocks all around and the only thing I need to do now is add a 1-2 inch coil spring spacer to get the hight I want because I plan on putting 33s under it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What ya mean ya got ripped off? Once you found out how easy it was you felt like ya got ripped off or something? Yeah i know about the alignment and the guy whos gonna do the level kit said he would align it as well. He's thinking with the wheels I picked out a 305x50-20 tire would look the best and give me a little more height. With the weather here it kinda makes it hard to go outside and doing anything so I might just have these guys do it. Haven't really made up my mind just yet.

I did talk to them about the warranty and finalday7 is right...if it's not the direct cause of the problem then it doesn't void it. So that's good to know for whoever is planning on doing something like this.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah they will be aligning it. After talking to the finance manager last night he made alot of sense. And basically it boils down to as long as I get the lift done with who they choose to do it then the warranty is still good. I wish I could just do it myself and save some money but the warranty is worth more than 200$ (or however much extra it would be). My suggestion to anyone wanting to do something to your truck is to just talk to your dealer and find out "their ways" of doing things when it comes to this.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Does anyone have a picture of their truck with a leveling kit on it AND the stock wheels and tires. I am planning on getting a leveling kit, new wheels and tires, and exhaust...IN that order. So I want to make sure the truck wont look awkward with the leveling kit and stock wheels and tires. BTW its an 05 silverado 1500

AJ

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I'm not sure if this helps with your visual but it may help

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks, that is pretty close to what I was looking for. Doesnt have stock rims and tires, but close. I ordered the readylift leveling kit, should be here on Wednesday, Ill take some pictures and post em when I get finished.

Thanks for the link

AJ

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts