GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i am new to this forum and was looking to add a little height to my truck. I was looking at two options. A leveling kit to pick up the front, or a 3" body lift. If i was to get a body lift would i still have that front end pitch. Or if i was to get a leveling kit to start with would i be able to add a body lift later on. Also i was looking to keep the same wheels and tires 265/75/r16 toyo Ats so i did not know if 3" would look awkward with my current set. let me know what you think or and other recomendations would help

·
Premium Member
7,518 Posts
First off, Welcome! Second, I personally would go with the 3" front spindle lift and maybe a "block" in the back to get to level. Your present tires shouldn't look too small with that. Later if you want to go up in size with the tires a body lift work. I am assuming that you have a 2wd. Have fun!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
If your looking to not spend alot of money a leveling kit is very economical. It will also get you a great look. You can always add a body lift or suspension lift later on and get bigger tires. With the 265's I'd stick with the leveling kit and if you wanted to do the body I'd probly recommend some 285's. Do you plan on installing it yourself?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a 4x4 truck. I just got new tires so i wasnt looking to switch them out right away. I was planning on starting off with the leveling kit to see where i am at. Would a block be necessary in the back to get level? And also if you have any recomendations on what manufacturer to go with. I have been looking at ready lift leveling kits. I was planning on doing this with my buddy/ gm mechanic.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Yeah if you got a 4x4 I'd stick with the leveling kit. As long as you stay around 1-2" you wont need a block in the back for the level look. There super easy to install so you till will knock it out in a couple hours. Ready lift and uhh autospring make good kits. Good luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
What year and model truck are you talking about? Personally I do not think any lift blocks are good but if you do nothing but drive your truck around town (no heavy hauling/towing and no offroading) then a small 1-2 inch block would be ok if is a steel block. I have broke many blocks and seen alot of damage because of them. As for a body lift that depends on the year. Newer trucks are alot more sensitive to changes. Keep this in mind and go with a reputitable/knowledgeable company. it may cost a few dollars more but cheapest is not always the best choice. Not say anything bad about any products mentioned thus far. I think Daystar makes a spring spacer for the front of the newer GM's that can be used as a leveler. Good luck

·
Registered
118 Posts
Whichever lift you go with 265's wont look bad, ihave have a 3inch spindle lift with blocks in the back with 265's and it doesn't look bad, my spindle lift was about $350 and i put it on myself. Probably cheaper than a body lift which wouldnt level your truck anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts