GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been hunting around looking at lift blocks in the 3" size and I have come across some being tapered and some being non tapered. My question is which one would be correct? I was originally looking for just a 2.5 but no such luck with that one from where i looked. Now if any one has a place that I can find a fool replacement 2.5" because not going to stack a 1" to get where I want I would appreciate it. As of right now the stock block is 1.5 which i thought was supposed to be a 2"guess different suspension package may be the reasoning for that.

So 3" inch tapered or non thanks for the help and suggestions.

2008 x-cab z71

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Superlift has tapered and non-tapered. If you go 3" and up tapered is best. SuperLift has the blocks with and without "U"-bolts. There good quality and the have pins installed.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did some more checking it seems the only way to a 2.5" is a custom cut one or stack a 1" which isnt gonna happen. I'll check out superlift again just dont want a crappy made block. Thanks silverado.

One more question I did notice that the factory block have these ears on both end where they curve down is it necessary to find ones with the turn downs on the ends. Most the ones I see in pics are squared off. Just dont wanna put the wrong thing under the back end

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
x2 what silveradotrailblazer said (hes a smart guy:great:)

cant answer your second question but can say that superlifts blocks are good. I have their 5" blocks in the rear of my truck, came with u bolts. around $85. they have quality stuff.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Thank you, dsfloyd!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I made the call to superlift got the 3" blocks heading my way. Already have u bolts on the way from fat bobs. The only thing that I an find out about the turn down or ears on the factories is it has something to do with axle wrap and to keep it from shifting as you go taller but only seen a few here and there. Thanks for the help and suggestions kinda forgot about superlift.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts