GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
the body lift wont effect warranty or ride, i dont if the suspension lift effects the warranty but it shouldnt have a noticable effect on ride quality, just depends on how much you want to spend

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hey Man, I personally do not like body lifts, it may seem they are less trouble to put on but there are several hidden mods to be made. I have never heard anything but good obout RC lift kits. I also like Skyjacker, which is what I will put on mine when the time comes.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
yea that lift is fine its just your basic three inch and every companys will be basically the same thing... I would go suspension lift just because they look better than a body lift and are actually functional unlike body lifts which just lets you clear bigger tires... and that lift is a pretty easy install as well whereas a body lift is a pain in the neck

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
body lifts really don't do much and they don't look that good either. My friend did one on his f250 and it cause all kinds of problems. His cab flooring started to rip under the added stress and things like the cable that went from the shifter to the transmission became under a ton of pressure and it was really hard to shift into gear. just my 2 cents. :neutral:

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so how would this 3" lift.. not the body lift go with my stock tires rims( i have the ltz rims/tires)
and will it effect my mpg?

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
body lifts really don't do much and they don't look that good either. My friend did one on his f250 and it cause all kinds of problems. His cab flooring started to rip under the added stress and things like the cable that went from the shifter to the transmission became under a ton of pressure and it was really hard to shift into gear. just my 2 cents. :neutral:
thats just cuz it was a ford :lol:

but anyway with the stock wheels and tires you wont have any difference in gas mileage... they will just look a little small and goofy on the truck

·
Registered
121 Posts
you do lose some MPGs when you put in a body lift, I lost 2, but added 3 through a magnaflow full exhaust system. The bodylift makes the truck sit like a 3/4 ton, but it is a lot of work for what its worth. If you want functionability, go with the suspension, just for looks, go with the body lift. Good luck with choices, and if you put any lift in, at least put some oversize tires on the stock rims, otherwise looks out of proportion.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i was thinking i dont think im goin to do it at all..
maybe a level kit..

i dirve this truck everyday in nyc... alot of stop and go and i drive like jeff gordon.. i have a feeling i would regret a lift kit...

now Q is what is the best tire/wheel size for a stock truck? whats the biggest i can go?....

any pics of a white truck with black rims?

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
I would say to go with a 285/75/16 or 285/70/17 depending on your wheel size... it is a 33/11.5 tire

·
Registered
7 Posts
Body lift

i dont know if you have already made up your mind but here is a pic of my truck with a level kit with 3" body lift. i have had both a supension and a body lift. if you are going to 4 wheel alot i would get the suspension if not then get the body lift, be sure to put on some nfabs or dominators to hide the body lift then you do not even see the body. plus the body lift will save you alot of money. i included a pic of the old nerf bar that i had on the truck to show the gap. here is some picks of my truck.

Attachments

·
Registered
217 Posts
I would say to go with a 285/75/16 or 285/70/17 depending on your wheel size... it is a 33/11.5 tire
My truck has 285/75/16 on it right now...if you want somewhat of a comparison to what yours could look like..even though your is an 08'

1 - 16 of 16 Posts