GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, in a bind here. I want a 4-5" lift kit for my silverado. Really having trouble deciding what brand to get. I've got my wheels and tires figured out, I'm going to do the Dick Cepek FC-II 305/55/R20, with Helo he835 chrome and black rims.

Anyway, my Dad owns a chevy dealership...and talked to the guys at rocky ridge (they use pro comp lifts) and that was what is recommended on chevy trucks (supposedly). Well, pro comp does not make a 4" lift for silverados...I dont think at least. After much debate, I still cannot seem to figure out which one to go with. My favorite right now is the Rough Country 5"...but my Dad had told me that he has done some checking with the connections he has, and said rough country is not a good idea. On the other hand, everything I've read about the NEW rough country stuff..has been superb. I've also considered BDS, and Rancho...but they are like 2 grand. I'm just not willing to spend that much on the kit itself...

I'm also considering the 4" kit from ready lift....but I do not know very much about it. Any Suggestions???????

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Here are my thoughts. Stay away from Rough Country! The Rancho is a sweet kit and is well worth the money and you would net more height than the 4" they market at. Right now the Rancho kits have a $500 rebate so that would help some. As for the ReadyLift kit, I would not trust it. I have their level kit and it is awesome no question about that, but when I was looking into it I read on ReadyLift's site that the 4" kit is not designed for off road use. If you are going to have a street queen and just want to drop 1k then go for it!! Oh, and the Pro Comp will give you about 8" of lift with their 6" kit.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
As Alston said, stay away from RoughCountry. Yes there better than they used to be but still not up to BDS, Rancho, CST and Skyjackers quality and engineering. I would go with Rancho or CST's 4" lifts. You have a new truck, don't "F" it up with a cheap junk lift kit. I had ProComp on my Suburban and took it off after a year and installed a Rancho kit. The ProComp drove and handled like crap. I creeked like crazy when turning or off-road. A lift kit is not the place to cut corners. Back when I was working at a small five man shop we lifted 2-3 trucks a-day and we NEVER had issues with BDS, CST, Rancho or Skyjacker.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
BDS, Rancho, and CST all make really good lift kits in the 4 in. range. I understand that $$$ may be an issue but look at it this way: With lift kits, you get what you pay for, you spent a good deal of money on a 2011 model year truck, you shouldn't skimp out on an area as critical as the suspension by buying a cheap lift kit and possibly encountering problems down the road. Just my $.02.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Have you looked on there website? If its not listed call them because the kit may be avaible but just not listed yet.

·
Registered
593 Posts
That Ready lift kit is junk and the only lift I would even consider from RC is their 5" version. I would either go with a quality 6" kit or get the Rancho 4" (nets 5+ inches). The reason I would do this, is that your tires are going to rub with only 4". Guarantee it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I've looked on the website, saw one for the 10's, no 11's. I'm probably going to call today, hopefully they have one!

Blackout 07, I would love a 6" but I still want to fit in my garage!! But okay, readylift is out too then...it's either rancho or nothing at this point, hopefully they pull through and tell me they make one it just is not listed yet!

Thanks guys!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts