GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm new to the truck game here but I purchased a 2020 GMC Sierra SLT 3.0 1/2 ton Diesel this year and I've been looking into different options for lifting it.

I'm realizing that not a lot of companies have made lifts specifically designed for the diesel model yet, probably in part due to Covid. I wanted to see what everyone else has experienced or gone with as far as lifts go for their 2020 GMC Diesel model. I looked at BDS and RC, as of now I don't make a kit for it but Fabtech does. Has anyone tried pairing a RC kit for $1,300 with Fabtechs coilovers and shocks or some other brand? Really appreciate any feedback and suggestions, I don't want to order the wrong kit or order something and not be happy with it. Since it's a brand new truck I need the lift kit to last me a good long time.

·
Registered
14,039 Posts
How high do you want to go, GM has a 2" lift for one of the off road models

·
Registered
14,039 Posts
That will probably void your warranty

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well that’s not really what I was trying to determine but since you brought it up, why do you say that? I’ve had multiple shops tell me differently, that the dealerships bring them trucks to put a 4 or 6” lift on and sell them lifted with a warranty.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Those shops you talked to are the experts. What did they have to say? if they offer a warranty on brand new trucks why didnt you get them to do it? theres no way GM is going to cover a warranty that is not professional installed. At least I wouldnt think so.

So after the experts told you there is not a lift available yet why would you think we would know?

Again I'm only trying to understand your logic. A new vehicle is a big expense and commitment and since this is a new platform i wouldn't mess with it at all without consent from GM about the warranty coverage...

Congrats on your new truck!

Al

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm really just trying to reach out to people who have the truck or know what type of lift kits would be compatible. I'm not really focused on the warranty but I do plan on having it professionally installed, hopefully, I keep the warranty. I know a custom truck shop won't cover my warranty as GM would.

The experts didn't say that there were no options available, just not a lot of options. I'm asking if anyone has gone the route of what I said in the original post or similar. Like or dislike it.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
It's so new that I didn't Know it existed. Your the first that I know of on here with one, at least to post about it. I'm sorry I didnt mean to sound like an ass in my post above. I tried to delete it but we cant do that anymore.

That small diesel engine sounds pretty cool and I also didnt know that it existed, I hope that it's a well engineered engine.

Take care

Al

1 - 8 of 8 Posts