GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got my lift installed and was able to get it in to check the alignment fairly quick.

Here are the before and after pics of the lift along with measurements.

Before lift

After the lift

Front before & after

Rear before & after

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
Looks much better! What did you install?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The lift kit is from MarkMC 2" front 1" rear, added Z71 springs. Bilstein HD front struts and Skyjacker shocks in the rear.

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
Very cool.....Looks like you do a some off-roading?...beside looking better, I'm sure you'll enjoy the additional clearance. Nice job!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Very cool. Haven't seen a whole lot of lifted trailblazers around here. Do you plan on running bigger tires?

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Looks good, but tell me more about the Z-71 springs. You have coil springs all the way around. Did you use NBS front Z-71 springs???

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very cool. Haven't seen a whole lot of lifted trailblazers around here. Do you plan on running bigger tires?
Yeah, I plan on going up to 31" tires for now. I only have 3.42 gears in it so I don't want to lose too much torque. Eventually I will do a rear end swap to an EXT which will give me an 8.6 so I can put a real locker in and go to at least 4.10 gears front and rear.

Looks good, but tell me more about the Z-71 springs. You have coil springs all the way around. Did you use NBS front Z-71 springs???
I swapped out the rear springs to Z71 springs which gives it a firmer ride and about 1.5" ride height. It should keep the rear end from sagging so much from hauling trailers and other loads. I am going to swap out to heavier springs up front later on as well which should increase the ride height another inch or so. I will probably lose some of what I gain with getting under-body armor and a steel bumper.

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Looking good so far... cant wait to see with bigger tires.. you gonna go with different rims or stock ones>??

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
This is the first lifted trailblazer I have ever seen. Looks nice.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looking good so far... cant wait to see with bigger tires.. you gonna go with different rims or stock ones>??
That is the part I am trying to decide on. I can't get after-market 16" wheels without getting wheel spacers to adapt it over. I can get 17" wheels with the backspace needed but they are very few choices. Or I can just get wheel spacers and keep the present rims. I figured I could work on wearing out these tires while I get the money together.

This is the first lifted trailblazer I have ever seen. Looks nice.
There are quite a few around, it is just that we are scattered. There are a few in your neck of the woods. There is a site dedicated to the GMT 360 platform for off-roading. There are guys running a 3.5" suspension lift and 3" body lift. And then there are the mall-rated lifts all show and never see real off-road.

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
very nice, seeing a lifted trail blazer is something rare...it looks very nice and cant wait to see how the wheels/tires look on it

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, I hope to figure out the wheels soon.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry, I have slacked on the update. This last summer I had to replace the tires and didn't have the money or the time to do everything I wanted. Needless to say I had to stay with the 16" wheels but went up to Yokohama Geolandar AT/S 265/70R16 which measures out to be about 30.8" which is the max I can go and not hit the steering knuckle. I am still hoping to get some new rims and get the tires a little further from the knuckle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts