Runs and drives great, too many features to list
West coast truck, very clean
Located in Rocky Hill, CT

$5500

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey XJ!
Nice ride! Can I ask you some questions? I gotta 85 3/4T 4x4 "Bourbon". I use it for a work truck. Since I pretty much keep it loaded with tools the rear sags just a tad. I would like to add a leaf spring or something. Maybe make the rearend springs a 1Ton. IDK. Since it appears you are a Subject Matter Expert, (SME) by the looks of that fine buggy of yours I thought I'd ask you. I also, am lookin for new shocks. Any recomendations. (I got a Txmsn oil leak too but I'll wait to ask you about till later.)
Thanks for any help you can give. Nice ride, Brutha!
K

·
Registered
87 Posts
Love the color!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the compliments guys. :D
It really hurts to sell her, but that's one of the tradeoffs to buying a brand new truck. :?

Ken, you can add leaves to the springs to help out the ride height issue, but sometimes if they're too tired, you're better off replacing them with new. My rig has Superlift 6" springs as they came from their factory.
They have a firm and stable ride, the wheelbase and weight of the suburban smooths it right out.

TrailLeadr, I'll even paint the ladder to match the truck if you buy it. :lol:

·
Registered
4 Posts
XJ, Thanks for the reply. Well, I found an outfit in KS that has new springs. They say the same thing. After 20 years they are probably tired. Since I keep my tools in the back they never get any relief. So I bought'em. They were 4K springs but the arch was only 4" so I am thinking it'll pretty much make'er level when she's loaded down. Might be a bit rough on the ride but I got pretty robust kidneys. We'll just have to see. But the price was reasonable and I hope it is the fix I am lookin for. Thanks again for you info!
Ken

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
I qwant to put a rotating "owners rides section on the top, that would be a great one to put up ... would like to talk to the new owner! :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
That's a sweet looking ride. I want to to something similar to mine. I would not lift the body as much, I would just get bigger tires to increase the ground clearance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts