GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Hey XJ!
Nice ride! Can I ask you some questions? I gotta 85 3/4T 4x4 "Bourbon". I use it for a work truck. Since I pretty much keep it loaded with tools the rear sags just a tad. I would like to add a leaf spring or something. Maybe make the rearend springs a 1Ton. IDK. Since it appears you are a Subject Matter Expert, (SME) by the looks of that fine buggy of yours I thought I'd ask you. I also, am lookin for new shocks. Any recomendations. (I got a Txmsn oil leak too but I'll wait to ask you about till later.)
Thanks for any help you can give. Nice ride, Brutha!
K

· Registered
24 Posts
XJ, Thanks for the reply. Well, I found an outfit in KS that has new springs. They say the same thing. After 20 years they are probably tired. Since I keep my tools in the back they never get any relief. So I bought'em. They were 4K springs but the arch was only 4" so I am thinking it'll pretty much make'er level when she's loaded down. Might be a bit rough on the ride but I got pretty robust kidneys. We'll just have to see. But the price was reasonable and I hope it is the fix I am lookin for. Thanks again for you info!
Ken

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.