GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has an '03 T.B. While attempting to open the hatch, the door bound up and the 3rd. brake lite plastic piece it is in came off. We'll if that wasn't enough, the glass on the hatch came off only to be held in by the hydraulic lift things. apparently the adhesive that holds the hinges to the glass came loose.(I wonder whose bright idea that was). We also have a water problem inside every time it rains.So needless to say we have a real problem, we can't use the hatch. Also we have developed a "jet engine" noise under the hood. Apparently that is the fan clutch, from what I'm told. Does anyone Know where to get a good "after market" one for cheap? Those bad boys are expensive!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Not sure about the fan clutch, other than I think that's an issue that is known to go out. I would think that it's not all that expensive of a replacement part, what does your local auto parts store charge for it? I'll look around later today as well.

I had the same problem with my rear glass hatch. Is this factory GM glass (LOF brand) or was it replaced at some time? I had this happen and it was replaced by Safelite as they were the ones that replaced it.

They're also going to replace the 3rd brake light for me as well as that's an entire piece that you purchase, it's like $250 or so, has to be painted to match your vehicle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My wife has an '03 T.B. While attempting to open the hatch, the door bound up and the 3rd. brake lite plastic piece it is in came off. We'll if that wasn't enough, the glass on the hatch came off only to be held in by the hydraulic lift things. apparently the adhesive that holds the hinges to the glass came loose.(I wonder whose bright idea that was). We also have a water problem inside every time it rains.So needless to say we have a real problem, we can't use the hatch. Also we have developed a "jet engine" noise under the hood. Apparently that is the fan clutch, from what I'm told. Does anyone Know where to get a good "after market" one for cheap? Those bad boys are expensive!!!!
Check e-bay for the fan clutch,,,,95 bucks with lifetime warranty !!!!

·
Registered
13,850 Posts
Check e-bay for the fan clutch,,,,95 bucks with lifetime warranty !!!!
Old thread Tony, he may no longer be around.

But, it is good info for the guy doing a search.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm not so sure about a fix for your hatch but the fan clutch, is it just loud when you first start up the TB and then it goes away after a minute or so?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts