GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY,

hows it going ppl?

question, I wanna lift my burb about 4" enough to get some say... 33s on?

I dunno, what do you think, I need the whole kit, I don't want to have to change brake lines, or linkage, or steering or anything like that, so nothing too outrageous, but I just wanna put some bigger rubber under on the new wheels?

any suggestions? itsa 93 4x4 with the 350

thanks

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
You should be able to get it done with a 2 inch lift. But a 4 inch will look more aggressive, and better overall with the 33's.

Are you thinking a body or suspension lift?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you thinking a body or suspension lift?

I wanna use a suspension lift, as body doesn't really appeal to me right now unless I go crazy

what do you think.?

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
My 93 has a 4" suspension lift. Didn't go crazy with the tires. Running Goodyear LT305 70R16's. (32.8" when converted using Onlineconversion)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That looks pretty good to me.

I think that I wanna go a little bigger though... do you think a 4" would be too much and what brand should I go with? is there a kil that I can just change shocks/springs, and hangers and easy (semi bolt on stuff) to get what I need done.

OR are we talking spingles, springs, hangers, shackles, and so on?

thanks

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I have been checking on this lately myself, but I'm only looking for a 2-3" lift. With a 4" lift you will need to change A-arms, torsion bars (you don't have front springs) brake lines, shocks and quite a few other things. Here is a kit from Rough Country Suspensions that should give you an idea of what you are looking at:

http://www.roughcountry.com/chevy_88-98_4-6.asp

·
Registered
128 Posts
I am also looking to lift my Yukon. I am only looking for about 2" though. I have the 17" Denali rims and want to keep them. I was thinking about Putting maybe a 305 on them. I currently have a 285/70R17 at stock hight and it just barely kisses the stock chrome fender flares (which I would like to do away with). Has anybody had any experience putting on a 2" lift. I am pretty good mechanically but would like to hear from someone who may have done it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts