GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about Line X'ing my truck. Just wanting to know if anyone has had any product longer than 10 years or so. If so how has it held up, to the elements and wear and tear?

·
Registered
355 Posts
I highly recommend Rhino lining. I had my 78 Sierra Classic sprayed about 8 years ago and it still looks great, no fadeing or tearing. I looked at all the major brands before I went with Rhino and Rhino had a nicer texture and overall look. My father-in-law had his 2010 Silverado done with a silver color match, its looks great.

·
Registered
830 Posts
The spray inliner that I think is the best is LineX and I know many ppl that say the same, holds up awesome and doesnt fade quick

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
I know I wouldn't recommend buying the spray on bedliner by SEM, I bought that and sprayed it in my s10 and it sucks!! The color match stuff is awesome, mine matches perfectly to my truck. It is slippery as hell, and stuff slides all around in it almost like there is no texture in it. It has already started peeling up where stuff has been drug across, just not a good product at all!!

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
I've had my Line-X in my '05 Silverado since December '04 and it still looks great. As I've said before on the site I use the heck out of mine, chainsaws, large rocks, fuel etc...:great: I had Rhino in another truck and it was soft and cut easly.:grrrrrr:

·
Registered
355 Posts
I had Rhino in another truck and it was soft and cut easly.:grrrrrr:
My 78 Sierra is used weekly for hauling scrap metal to the recycler and its has a few scrapes but nothing down to the metal. What I have been told if the bedliner is not mixed correctly it will be soft and peel very easily. Whatever brand you decide on make sure its applied at a reputable shop that has been doing it for awhile.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I just have one of those plastic throw in liners, and i'm more then happy with it. Highly recommend one, even if you do have a spray in liner, the spray in liners are grippy, while my plastic one isn't so it's great for loading my sled.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I've had my Line-X in my '05 Silverado since December '04 and it still looks great. As I've said before on the site I use the heck out of mine, chainsaws, large rocks, fuel etc...:great: I had Rhino in another truck and it was soft and cut easly.:grrrrrr:
I agree, I have had both the Rhino and Line X. I have Line X now, it is much stronger and has a finer texture so that it doesn't tear like the Rhino did on me. Maybe my Rhino wasn't done correctly, but I like the Line X 100 times better.

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

I just have one of those plastic throw in liners, and i'm more then happy with it. Highly recommend one, even if you do have a spray in liner, the spray in liners are grippy, while my plastic one isn't so it's great for loading my sled.
The only thing that I do not like about the plastic liners is that water can get underneath it and can rust the bed over time. I have had problems with the sides warping over time as well and than they scrap my paint along it.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
LINE-X.....There is no other!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Definitely LineX, I am going to get that in my truck bed once I get a new bed that's not shot like mine is. They had a LineX booth at our fair last summer, and they had a buick regal that they had completely covered in LineX and dumped and tosses so much crap on it, and it didn't show any damage at all. Plus, they can do colors other than black.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Line-X in mine and I would'nt trade it, never loses color or softens up!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Ya it seems like Line-X is pulling ahead. My only wish, is that I would have gotten my line-x sprayed another color than black.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I'm planning on getting line x in my truck once I get the money, but its definitely worth the money.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
LINE-X! only thing is i suggest you get the line-x xtra (premium version) it has not faded one bit since i got it 3 years ago on my grille guard, however the regular version in my bed seems to have faded a tad and there is some egg and mayo stains (from some a**holes) that i cant get out of it :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts