GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought before I would check on here before I bought a new one, I always prefer to recycle and buy used if possible. I am looking for a harmonic balancer for one of my projects trucks. I would be more than happy to buy from a fellow GM Truck Club member.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can buy one anytime, I just thought someone on here might have one and need the money. This is a project motor I am building. I have not even decided what we are going to put it in yet. The wife wants to build something together. Went and looked at a 45 chevy truck yesterday, but it is way to nice to change anything on it. Going to go check out a 68 chevy 4x4 today for the project. But before that, I have one setting here I need to try and figure out. No one else has been able to yet so she brought it out to me. I am supposed to be retired, but people are alway bringing out their problems. Lol.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Welcome to retirement!!!

When I retired, ...I thought I could sit on my azz for the rest of time. My work load is worse now than working. At work I could predict my workload, ...at home, anything could be dumped in your lap.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know what you mean. I retired three years ago. Sold my company and we moved to Florida. I thought I would just be able to drink beer and do what I want. But, I helped one guy out on a truck and now every one brings their serious problems here. Although I turn down most, bcause I do have certain obligations, I do feel sorry for some. I buy trucks and part them out to pay for my gun addiction. LOL Plus, I have two projects going on now. She still works full time, so when ever she is off, I make sure nothing is on my plate that day. I never planned on sitting on my ass, but I also did not want to have to be on a deadline. So much for that most of the time. LOL

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Well as for you "gun addiction", ...your home work is the

"Magpul FMG 9",

the FN P90,

XM 556 - Micro gun.

or the SSK Industries .950 JDJ

Why play with basics, when you can deal with exotics???

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not a big rifle fan, although I do own a PS90. I am and have alway been a Colt fan. I am sort of old school. I do not want double stacks or hammerless guns. I prefer my Defender that I carry. Although I do have a few Ar's both the 10's and 15's. Jones designes a hell of a gun with the .950. I would love to shoot one. We do not hunt around here, but we do protect what is ours. I have not even shot my PS90. Lately I have been trying to narrow down the # of different calibers I own. Running out of storage for different ammos. I have been looking for a mini 14 for my next one.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess I worded that wrong, I am more into handguns. The two I knew about because I read about the .950 and I own the PS90 which is the semi auto. The other two I checked out. the fold up in a neat idea as far as concealablity. The XM is in a class on it's own. I did some swapping and aquirred the PS90 and a Keltec KSG shotgun.

Reactions: Motor City Rick

·
Registered
347 Posts
Speaking of 454's and guns, many years ago my brother bought a .454 Casull and gave it to my son who lives on Kodiak Island, AK. for a bear defense weapon. With a 300 gr. bullet I'm sure it's just as effective as a 12 gauge slug to the chest of a griz, but I hated that gun, I shot it a couple of times and my hand hurt for a week.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The old .454 Casull. Back then, I believe it was the most powerful handgun. I have held a few, but never had the pleasure of shooting one. I could see where they would be a kicker. As much as I do love handguns, I think I would prefer a shotgun over carrying a handgin that big. That being said, I would like to have one in my collection.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Rick, have you ever seen this video. I love this.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
20171012_115622 (2).jpg

Thought I would show you my Everyday Carry Rick.

Reactions: Motor City Rick

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I live in a western Detroit suburb. A lot of people pack because of the gangster mentality of Deeetroit. We got 14 year old muggers and car jackers carrying cannons. Then when you pop them their family bit*hes a whitey shot their baby, ...but baby was packing a stolen 45.

Your colt is impressive, ...but I'm stuck to a 9 mm because I have small hands. Other part is never give up your firearms for any politician or law. The right is spelled real clearly.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know what you mean. I have smaller hands too, which is why I do not carry a double stack . I have a double stack .45 nest to me here in the man cave. The wife carries a .380. She just really liked the gun. I looked and looked for good ammo for hers and settled on buffalo bore .380 +p which has the same muzzle velocity as a 38 special. When I was doing the moving down here and I had my 2015 Denali HD I found myself in Birmingham @ 3 am needing diesel. As I was filling up I had a guy whom I was sure thought he was going to rob me. He came around the front of the truck and I drew down on him. He changed his mind quick and run back up with his buddies at the front of the store. I have zero faith in any cops and politicians. I have alway took care of my self and do not need any help protecting myself.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Any personal carried firearm is like a pair of fitted pants. Don't fit right, ...worthless to handle and fire.

I have some connections over at ATF -Detroit and they set me straight what type of piece I should handle.
They told me 40 cals are out, 9's are up my alley with small silicon composition grips. Another thing they told me carry one less round than advertised in the clip to avoid jamming in high stress scenarios.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Your buddies are right. 40's are junk. You have to be comfotable with what you carry.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Let's say I'm around a lot of Fed's in Homeland Security, seen some of the weapons I listed. They tell me if your weapon is not fitted to the hand, it's worthless to target. They watched me shoot with other calibers, told to stick with the 9's.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I still have about 50 rounds of 9mm Black talons in the safe. It is the last 9mm ammo I own. I want to get down to .45, .223. .22. and .380. And if I could get her to carry a .45 I would do away with the .380.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts