GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking for a 6' bed for an 88-94 model 1500(not a step side) also i would like to find a 454 w/ wiring harness or a 350 motor for a reasonable price

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Welcome aboard. Someones building a Hotrod? I'm trying to do the same thing, but this thing called family is hindering my efforts...:lol:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well building a hotrod would be nice if the old lady would quit nagging about it but what she dont know wont hurt her now will it

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tried the junk yard they either have only long beds or want an arm and a leg for one thats worse than mine but thanks for the suggestion

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
this is the bed not only is it the outside but the stricker for the tailgate latch is bent 90 degrees and the stake hole channel is bent inward any suggestion on repairs

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tried ebay there never close enough i dont think its worth spending $400-$600 on a bed then have to travel 300 miles to pick it up ive ben lookin for a new bed for about a year looks like im not gonna find one anytime soon maybe ill find a truck broke down on the side of the hiway one night and the bed will come up missing:lol:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I honestly think right about now your best bet would be to spend the money at the junk yard on one if you find one.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Tried some rubbing compound? (just kidding man), good luck in your quest...if you didn't need one there'd be three of em right in your neighborhood. Murphy rules in these situations.:no: Kerry.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
thanks for the sugestions but iv decided to abandon the project and take the money i wouldve spent on a bed and a motor and bought me a 90 1500 with a freshly rebuilt 350 for $1800

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
thanks for the sugestions but iv decided to abandon the project and take the money i wouldve spent on a bed and a motor and bought me a 90 1500 with a freshly rebuilt 350 for $1800
Nice score buddy! Thats kinda what I'm looking for. Especially the price...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks found it on craigslist they wanted $2300 but took $1800 if you like stepsides theres a 92 for $3000 im sure thell tak 2k for it by my house if your interested i can get the # for you

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
tried ebay there never close enough i dont think its worth spending $400-$600 on a bed then have to travel 300 miles to pick it up ive ben lookin for a new bed for about a year looks like im not gonna find one anytime soon maybe ill find a truck broke down on the side of the hiway one night and the bed will come up missing:lol:
You'll open a midnight motors franchise? "We open when you close"? :sleep:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts