GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to refill the transmission on my 2015 Tahoe LT, I've looked through the owners manual , but it doesn't have any refill information on changing the transmission fluid and filter information. Can someone help me out here ?
SANY0816 (1).JPG
Thank you !

·
Registered
489 Posts

It will depend on what transmission you have only if your doing a complete drain and refill of the entire trans. If you are just dropping the pan it won't matter.

I based this off a 4WD

·
Registered
5,628 Posts
```````````````use your VIN# to find the proper filter and tranny fluid. drop pan and clean up the mess with mineral spirits NOT brake cleaner .. use a rubber gasket no cork . torque the pan bolts 7-10 inch LBS .. add 5 qts then start engine and slowly add until the stick indicates the level at the cold mark. drive it a few miles and make sure its on level ground .. add until its below the full mark.. do not want to over fill it.. then check the next day because air bubbles can indicate more fluid in it when done on the day of the fluid change. doing this every 40-50K miles fluid looks dark/smells change it ..
also do the transfer case and gear boxes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts