GM Truck Club Forum banner

looking to put decent system in 99' 2dr tahoe...any ideas?

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  83BigBoy 
#1 ·
i just bought a 99' 2dr tahoe and i want to be able to play my music loud. my 01' taurus that i am selling had 4 - 6x8's inside, and a 10" rockford sub in the trunk...powered by alpine cd/ipod/mp3 deck and it was plenty loud enough for me. im keeping the deck because its the ****, but my question is what sub to get? my 10" sub was in an open box, so the trunk acted as the compression making it sound good. is there a good tube style sub on the market that i could throw in the back? i need something that is gonna sound great and take up not so much space because ill be using the space for gargo alot. also, what size speakers are in the 99' tahoe 2dr? thanks everyone!

#2 ·
hey my first post! anyway, i had a '96 2 door that i sold this spring. i added an aftermarket deck, amp and 10" sub in a closed box. i could crank it and it still sounded great so i never seen what size the factories were. in hindsight, i should have went with a tube style sub. it was a used vehicle so the "factories" may have been swapped by a previous owner. hope this helps ya a little at least.

#3 ·
If you want loud, i recommend digital design sub,but the only downfall it they are only designed for ported boxes which are larger. Some other good options are memphis audio and re audio. Know people who own both and love them. I have dd sub that fits under my back seat in my silverado that is very loud. Another good option is eclipse audio. I owned an eclipse sub in my old 97 silverado. For 300 watts and less than a half cubic ft. box it sounded very clean and loud. JL audio and other companies now make slim fit subs that are designed for small spaces to min your usage in space.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.