GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Recently picked up a 2008 crew cab. On my initial test drive, the TPMS was warning that one of the tires was low, so I informed the dealer that I would require that to be looked at before I purchased. He confirmed that the TPMS was working, one tire was low so I worked 4 new LT tires into the deal. After having the truck home for a few days, the low light indicator came on, and sure enough the same location was down again. I pumped it up, and kept checking it. Few days later again it was down, so I made an appointment to have it checked. Once again the dealer mechanic inspects it and tells me he re-mounted the tire, and everything should be OK. However, it is still loosing pressure. about 1 PSI a day. I guess its back to the dealer again...

Any suggestions as to why this is occurring?

Darren

·
Registered
52 Posts
Have them replace the valve.

Hey guys,

Recently picked up a 2008 crew cab. On my initial test drive, the TPMS was warning that one of the tires was low, so I informed the dealer that I would require that to be looked at before I purchased. He confirmed that the TPMS was working, one tire was low so I worked 4 new LT tires into the deal. After having the truck home for a few days, the low light indicator came on, and sure enough the same location was down again. I pumped it up, and kept checking it. Few days later again it was down, so I made an appointment to have it checked. Once again the dealer mechanic inspects it and tells me he re-mounted the tire, and everything should be OK. However, it is still loosing pressure. about 1 PSI a day. I guess its back to the dealer again...

Any suggestions as to why this is occurring?

Darren

·
Registered
660 Posts
Darren,

Please feel free to keep me posted regarding what you find at the dealer. . I can also look into this issue further. In order to do more research, I will need some more specific information from you such as your name, address, phone number, the VIN for the vehicle, current mileage, and dealer name. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me via private message. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Welcome to the club, Darren. X2 have them replace the valve.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts