GM Truck Club Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 Suburban. My dash lights went out, I thought no biggie it's a fuse, No way and to top it off I don't have tail lights either. Brake and turn signals work fine, and if my boat trailer lights are hooked up, when you step on the brake pedal the dash and all interior lights come on. I have been pulling my boat for 4 years with no electrical problems. Any help would be great!

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
just a guess but i would say switch is gone. dash, taillihgts, all on same circuit. take off dash and check plug with test light, if dash lights come with test light i'ld say its switch.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Wow, that's some electrical problem. Something is getting shorted and recircuted, obviously. Yeah, listen to fiero.

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
You are missing a ground somewhere. Check the strap that goes from the negative battery terminal to the body.

When you are towing and you hit the brakes, the circuit is completed via a ground from your towing harness.

Tom

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
When I wire a trailer harnes in I always put a seperate ground wire in from the truck to the trailer. A ground at the trailer and one on each side of the tail lights.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.