GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having low oil pressure on my 2009 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 5.3. New oil change and at idle pressure is at 21, at speeds of ^50 it is 40. Has anybody had similar problem. What can be done to fix it?

·
Registered
6,334 Posts
I'm having low oil pressure on my 2009 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 5.3. New oil change and at idle pressure is at 21, at speeds of ^50 it is 40. Has anybody had similar problem. What can be done to fix it?
SO you changed your oil and then the oil pressure is lower than normal at idle RPM ..
or the idle RPM will drop the oil pressure over several thousand miles then the crankshaft bearings will be worn at idle speed when the oil pressure drops .
when you changed your oil a few hundred miles and the oil pressure drops then you had sludge in the oil system and the new oil will breakdown the sludge and the filter will block the oil flow/pressure..
take a valve cover off see if its a goopy mess...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Was this something that occurred suddenly following your oil change? How many miles does your engine have? What oil filter are you running? Im assuming you have not done a DOD delete?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts