GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Escalade esv
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 05 Escalade esv with a 6.0 ltr. 272k miles ,5w30 syn.oil,good filter,idling oil pressure at startup is at or near zero(new sending unit) after warmup it runs 15 psi idling and 45 psi at 2000 rpms. Has anybody out there seen this ? Oil pump ? Pickup tube o ring? Bearing wear ? No rattling or knocking.

·
Registered
14,527 Posts
Joe, as I've said many times, its flow that is the most important, not pressure.
However, pressure is the result of flow being restricted by things like bearing clearances.
You seem to have lots of pressure at 2000rpms, the natural assumption is that there is also lots of flow at 2000 rpms.
But, with the pumps now outside the sump, we can't always guarantee flow at low rpms, because now the pump needs to pull as well as push.
At this point, this is just a guess; but I think your O ring may be cracked and reducing the negative (pull) pressure.
Remember, there are different coloured O rings, it is my belief that the red ring is the way to go.

·
Registered
2005 Escalade esv
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Joe, as I've said many times, its flow that is the most important, not pressure.
However, pressure is the result of flow being restricted by things like bearing clearances.
You seem to have lots of pressure at 2000rpms, the natural assumption is that there is also lots of flow at 2000 rpms.
But, with the pumps now outside the sump, we can't always guarantee flow at low rpms, because now the pump needs to pull as well as push.
At this point, this is just a guess; but I think your O ring may be cracked and reducing the negative (pull) pressure.
Remember, there are different coloured O rings, it is my belief that the red ring is the way to go.
Thanks Ray , that gets me a step closer to a partial teardown to replace the o ring, I appreciate the info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts