GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks.
Hoping someone can help.
I have a 1990 Chevy K1500. Redoing all the front end suspension from all Original factory parts. Very much needed! I’m at a road block here. The lower ball joints will NOT budge from the slot in the lower a arm. Drilled out the rivets. Used an air hammer and all. 3 weekends in so far. I’m resorting to new A arms (control arms). Lowers are impossible to find. This truck does not have coil springs. Just shock absorbers. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I could find new ones? Are they designed differently now to fit more than one model? Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Zach.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hi folks.
Hoping someone can help.
I have a 1990 Chevy K1500. Redoing all the front end suspension from all Original factory parts. Very much needed! I’m at a road block here. The lower ball joints will NOT budge from the slot in the lower a arm. Drilled out the rivets. Used an air hammer and all. 3 weekends in so far. I’m resorting to new A arms (control arms). Lowers are impossible to find. This truck does not have coil springs. Just shock absorbers. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I could find new ones? Are they designed differently now to fit more than one model? Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Zach.
Drill all the rivets all the way through the center make the hole as large as you can without damaging the a arms then air hammer chisel them out. Make sure you chisel is sharp.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts