GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, to start off I have a 07 GMC Sierra 4 Door. It has a 4 - 6 drop on it and my front tires are getting wore out on the inside real bad. Now with that said, I took it to a local shop and was told I need new lower control arms that are 2 to 3 inches shorter than the stock ones. I did some research on it but cant seem to find the lower control arms anywhere. Does anyone know where I can find these lower control arms? Also, while I am at it, do I need to replace any parts from the lowering kit that wear out with time? any info will be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
I would start with where you bought your lowering kit from. Ask them because they have most likely had this problem before & either supply them, or can send you to someone who does. You have too much negative camber & the alignment shop was correct in saying shorter lower arms will cure it, although 2"-3" shorter seems excessive. Hold a framing level up vertically along the side of your tire till it's level & then measure the gap at the top. This will tell you approximately how much shorter arms you will need to look for.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
What brand is your 4-6 drop??

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would start with where you bought your lowering kit from. Ask them because they have most likely had this problem before & either supply them, or can send you to someone who does. You have too much negative camber & the alignment shop was correct in saying shorter lower arms will cure it, although 2"-3" shorter seems excessive. Hold a framing level up vertically along the side of your tire till it's level & then measure the gap at the top. This will tell you approximately how much shorter arms you will need to look for.
I purchased the truck already lowered, so I would not have a clue who put it on or what brand it is. Is their any forum vendors that you know about? Thank you for the advice.

What brand is your 4-6 drop??
not sure

1 - 4 of 4 Posts