GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to point out that we do have an official home now for those of you that want to (or have) lowered your trucks.

No need to hate, no negatives in here. It's all GM either way baby. Let's hear some shout outs from those of you with lowered Chevy or GMC trucks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Low 'Burban here! well, that and a really low El Camino too...
just a quick question, anyone use Bell Tech shocks on their low rig?? I am not terribly happy with mine. The ride is not firm, but not loose either, its just wierd...
D~

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Low 'Burban here! well, that and a really low El Camino too...
just a quick question, anyone use Bell Tech shocks on their low rig?? I am not terribly happy with mine. The ride is not firm, but not loose either, its just wierd...
D~
welcome, I used to have a suburban and live in Seattle too. Lets see sone pics.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Kinda an update.. i just got in line with a local shop to get my Mcgaughy's 3/5 put on and ordered my new spoiler from RSTparts.com (which is actually in Texas also, so hopefully it will be here soon). I know, I know... I always say I'd rather do the work myself.. but my recent work schedule is definitely not gonna allow me the time to do so. I will be posting pics!

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Thanks Steve for giving us a place. I am not a hater but I still think we should have 2 ROTM contest because people on here are obviously biased towards the lifted 4x4s. :glasses:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Question

Kinda an update.. i just got in line with a local shop to get my Mcgaughy's 3/5 put on and ordered my new spoiler from RSTparts.com (which is actually in Texas also, so hopefully it will be here soon). I know, I know... I always say I'd rather do the work myself.. but my recent work schedule is definitely not gonna allow me the time to do so. I will be posting pics!
Could you give me seat height from ground to top of driver seat after the 3/5 drop please? I am in a wheelchair and want to buy a new truck and lower it.......not sure how far I need to go! Thx

·
Registered
15 Posts
Could you give me seat height from ground to top of driver seat after the 3/5 drop please? I am in a wheelchair and want to buy a new truck and lower it.......not sure how far I need to go! Thx
My wife is in a chair. My suburban is down about 5 and7 ish. She transfers to my truck fairly well. Its just a little higher than her chair.
D~

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello. I'm new to the lower experience, and have a question, I have a 05 1500 2wd standard cab shortbed.
I'm interested in the DJM 2/4 kit with lower control arms and shackle/hanger. Does anyone have experience with this kit? I have 20" take offs with 0 offset I believe. Is this do-able without major rubbing? The tires are 275/55/20 and I would like to keep these tires. I'll post some pics of the current clearances of the front tires.Thanks. I'm really excited and hope this works.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts