GM Truck Club Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
This has been a really fascinating thread and I'm glad you started it. I'm looking into lifting mine, but a lot of the same concepts and concerns apply, so it helps. Thanks for posting, and I like the thought of the "reverse" level as I think of it. Good pictures too.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Lowered.jpg
Can't really see from the pic but here it is with the lowering shackles installed. I measured 36.5" front and 39.5" rear from flat ground to bottom of the wheel well stock, and after install it is now sitting at 38" rear. So not exactly 2" difference in wheel well gap but from eye measurement the truck does indeed seem to be sitting perfectly level. Although I took my time and didn't rush to failure this "simple" one hour or less job took me well over 3 hours to complete. But I had a buddy also at the garage working on his truck that I lent a helping hand from time to time. Now I just need to get me some good "summer" rims and tires and I'll be good to go :happy:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Damn, we got some fine trucks on here don't you think? Nice pics to all. I have the 2" shackle drop in the rear also. Easy, cheap and no change in the ride, it just bottoms out in the rear a little easier. :lol:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Here is one more shot I took the other day with my phone. Although a crappy pic you get a better idea of the difference from stock rear height..
photo.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Well I really want to Put a 4/6 drop on my truck. But parts to do it right are going to run about $2,000 and that's just not in the budget this year. However these drop shackles are a cheap solution to acheive a level ride without go up. I will be doing this mod soon. and will be checking out the parts a s soon as I post this.Thanks guys for the info and pics. Trucks look great!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts