GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that there are a couple companies out there offering lowering springs for the TB. I was wondering if anyone has installed them and has irregular tire wear. With this new suspension I'm not sure if I'll need caster and camber plates on it as well.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
There are only a few people on this board that I am aware of that have lowered their Trailblazer. How much lower is this new spring supposed to be?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks...

Thanks I'll check out that other forum too. I'm not really looking to drop it much if any. I've seen a couple kits that drop it about 1.5 to 2 all the way around. I'm just looking to get a better road feel when the suspension is centered. In the turns it feels fine already, but when I'm just cruising straight I feel like a bobble head at times. I'm just looking for a quick fix to take care of that and was hoping I wouldn't need cast and camber plates as well. -Lee

·
Registered
163 Posts
No, If you are looking for a better ride, you do not want to put a drop kit on. I have a DJM drop kit (mine is 2/4 drop). It does not improve the ride, it makes it really bad. Sometimes, I feel like I have a flat tire, to give you an idea of the ride. I do have low profile tires on but they are a 55 series so there is a lot of tire to them. My drop kit is as low as the TB goes. but no, if all you want is a better ride do not drop the TB. I have owned droped silverados, suburbans, and now a TB, all a drop kit does is make it "look pretty" and gives you a god aweful ride most of the time. I pick up every little bump in mine, I am just giving my opinion as I always lower all my suvs and trucks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the heads up. I might have to look into getting a sway bar or something for it then. The only thing I'm trying to fix is the wabbleness (if that's a word) when the suspension is centered. On the freeway it just rocks from side to side it seems. I'm looking for something that's going to stabalize it better when the springs are fully extended. Like I said before, feels fine in the turns but real sloppy when driving straight. Any ideas?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hotchkis makes a rear swaybar kit that includes the front and rear swaybar bushings. They are all greasable, so you can eliminate most of the squeaks from the front and rear. I think they run about $180-200.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Anyone put one of these on?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts