GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple of questions concerning the FAST 102mm Intake Manifold. 1) Does anyone know somebody who put it on the 5.3? 2)Can I actually run a 102mm throttle body because I think I remember reading somewhere that the biggest you can run on the NBS chevy's is 92mm. This modification is a ways down the road for me, but I figured somebody might know something that will save me time in the future.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I've never heard of this but I sure hope someone knows! I'm pretty interested!

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
If you look at the advertised dyno #'s there for a 6.0 and the power was in the upper rpm's. It might kill some of your bottom end power on a 5.3. I would start with having your stock throttlebody bored. Down the road if you decide to bore & stroke your motor then I'd get the new manifold. Plus there big money right now.

·
Registered
902 Posts
its been done but you'll need to get a diff alternator bracket and grind the lower edge of the tb so it doesnt rub the water pump pulley

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
clgoch187, I think your referring to the LSXR manifold and not the LSXRT. The RT should bolt-on with no mods, just throttlebody adapters.

·
Registered
902 Posts
^ maybe i just remebered it from a while back when i was doing research for a friend who is putting a 5.3 in his truck and droppin the 4.8 into his 71 porsche 914. so does the rt sit higher then? and how does $ compare?

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
It does sit higher, its made for a truck. Can be used on a car with a hood mod like a large cowl induction hood. They are expensive but I'm sure the price will come down after awhile.

·
Registered
902 Posts
the FAST 102mm tb set up on ebay runs like $500 plus shipping with injectors.....could your run that and use pheno spacers to avoid modding the tb and alternator?

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
I can't answer that one. One thing about the throttlebodies, the truck t'body has 3 mounting bolts and the car has 4 bolts. So if you want to run a car t/body (most aftermarket are for cars) on a truck then you need a adpter.

·
Registered
902 Posts
the FAST set up comes as an assembly (mani, tb, injectors)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts