GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I have a '93 2wd 1500 with 15" five lug wheels. I want to change wheels (stock alloys currently wuth the missing center caps) and have been debating to use early Suburban Rally Wheels of that size (just not sure how they would look on the truck) or changing hubs/brakes as needed to go to a 6 lug so I can get what appears to be more common 16" wheels and tires.

What are the diffuclties in making that swap, and would most any late model brakes/hubs/calipers work on the truck?

I had an '87 with the old rally wheels and caps and trim rings, and I really liked that look, on that truck. Not sure what it would look like on the the '93. Any thoughts comments on that?

Thanks.

Mike

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rat,

Thanks. I had an 87 'Burb with the deep dish rally wheels and trim rings and loved the look.

I have yet to see them on a the newer style, but I have to believe they woudn't be ugly.

I would prefer that over doing the suspension swap.

Mike

·
Registered
2 Posts
Impala SS wheels for a Tahoe

I have a '96 Tahoe 2 door 2 wheel drive and would like to upgrade the wheels too. I wanted something wider because it seems the stock 15" tires just don't seem proportionate to the vehicle. Then it hit me! '94-'96 Impala SS wheels are 8.5 X 17" and really nice looking wheels. They're 5 X5's so I borrowe one and tried it. Fits! I'm in the process of tracking down a nice set now (they can be bought new aftermarket on eBay for $449 plus shipping but I'm cheap). Anyway that's one way to go. The other thought I had was changing hubs and axles over to 6 lug so I can run a set of early model chrome Escalade wheels. Does anyone know if you can use 3/4 ton hubs on 1/2 ton spindles and can you use 3/4 ton axles in a 1/2 ton rear end? Also does anyone know if disc brakes from the '94-'96 Impala will fit on my 1/2 ton rear end?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts