GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just wanna ask if the race muffler's would give me more HP and Torque compared to the Maganaflow dual performance exhaust? Also would it be better to have 2 race muffler's 1 one each exhaust pipe compared 2 one considering i have a true dual exhaust and a magnaflow x pipe?

·
Registered
648 Posts
My opinion I would go with the racing xl dual in dual out I think you will loose power going with tru duals you have to have a lil backpressure if you dont have some backpressure you will loose power with your bottom end.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah would i'm guessing power wise i could just but a magnaflow and have more power and torque than my flowmaster because the magnaflow flows straight thru causing the gas air ratio to move much faster making performance and power better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
the race muffler's are more designed for special applications...

if your looking to go true dual's on your truck, then I would just stick with a DI/DO Magnaflow ( X-core ) muffler. You get a 2 for 1 combo...

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i mean basically i'm just askin since i got true dual exhaust with 2.5 inch pipe ran from manifold's back but i just installed a magnaflow x pipe to give me back pressure and more hp and torque along with it and even the flow.I also installed a flowmaster 40 series muffler true dual and it helped even more run's way better than stock! I was mainly wanting to know would a magnaflow give me more air flow and add a few hp and torque also?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts