GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Photo Gallery upgdate needed!

I would like to go ahead and move forward with the installation of the top-of-the-line photo gallery for this system, the only problem is it costs $120 for the license and my wife's already yelling at me for server costs. *just kidding!

Some members on the site have allready asked if they can help out and donate a few $$ to help keep things running. We've always been self-sufficient becuase of the ads running on here, but I think now's the time for a drive to help raise some $$ to expand the system.

What I'm suggesting are Gold, Silver and Bronze supporter levels. This is a tag that would appear next to your username, so everyone would know that you're a supporter of the site.

The benefit for everyone is that we can continue to move forward with better features, start to track down sponsors and get some discounts and group buy, etc.

Anyhow, I think we'll start this concept later on in the week! Maybe we can get enough pooled up to get our new photo galler and make this the best GM Truck website on the planet.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Count me in

Sounds like a good move. What's the spread on contributions for g/s/b?
I really like this site for it's absence of flaming, and just the general level of co-operation. Do you think it would be good to group by component step by step instructions for DIY repairs? I've thought about video for future repairs and posting them to something like youtube with a link here.:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I've thought about video for future repairs and posting them to something like youtube with a link here.:biggrin:
That would be excellent. But you may find yourself busy if you end up taking requests for videos.

Do I understand that correctly? You're going to make videos of the repair being done.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Yep, I figure with a 93 burb at 200k miles, I'm going to work on a few things, so why not tape the repair? Things on the drawing board are alternator upgrade, leaky spring perch on the rear end, electric fuel pump/sender, shock upgrade, front end bushings....etc. Not sure where I will archive them, but they could be of interest to the fainthearted.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That would be awesome. I was thinking of the same type of thing. I can probably put up a system that you can upload video to this site and host it here.

I think we'll probably get started on this soon. Looks like there is some interest so we'll press forward!

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Sounds great, I don’t think I could remember to do it though, STML.

I have a hard time remembering things that are not in the regular sequence of the work.

Hell I have a hard time remembering things I just did.

I do find myself taking a lot of pictures to remember how things came apart. But then I have a hard time remembering to take the pictures so I can remember how I took things apart.

But if you can remember to do the video I think it’s a great idea, I’m all for anything that shows someone how to do a job. It’s a lot easier than trying to explain it.

And better for the person doing it for the first time.

If I can remember to video I will try to do it. To bad I didn’t read this earlier. I just did plug wires this morning.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
No requests please

I won't be taking any requests for video repairs, but if the repairs on my 93 burb are something someone wants to try, at least they would have a visual for reference. The repairs would be similar enough in most cases. The video would help you could decide to DIY or take it to your mechanic.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
I won't be taking any requests for video repairs, but if the repairs on my 93 burb are something someone wants to try, at least they would have a visual for reference. The repairs would be similar enough in most cases. The video would help you could decide to DIY or take it to your mechanic.
Completely agree with you.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In theory, if there were several folks that could video their repais, we could cover just about every make and model (within reason) and not have to do requests. May take a year or two, but it could happen.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Even though my rebuild has been taking forever, if this had come up before, I definitely would have recorded it. But that might be a little more involved of a video, that what you're suggesting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts