GM Truck Club Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
That was his first and only post so far. Could be a one hit wonder. Wheel spacers are never an ideal solution. Just because he says “no rubbing” doesn’t mean the rubbing risk is on the UCA. Could rub on the frame regardless. But, hopefully you’ll get an answer from @Shaun31763

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would like to keep my factory wheels, and I will not consider using spacers ... just wondering what the largest tire that would fit without rubbing ... maybe a 305/70/18 ...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok all, Very confusing posts and here's my question. I've got a 19 Trailboss with a stock suspension. I'm considering going up in tire size to get more clearance but don't want to go the route of a considerable lift. Here are my questions:
1. While the 2019 has a 2 inch factory lift. It's my understanding that it doesn't have a leveling kit and doing so would allow me to run 34's (295-70-R18) on the factory rim. Has anybody done this?
2. What leveling kit have people used? Looking for recommendations and I'm not sure if there is a considerable difference in performance between leveling kits. Frankly, I don't know which is why I am asking?
3. Has anybody put 295-70-R18's on the factory rim and do you have pictures you could share?

READY, SET, HELP PLEASE....

·
Registered
14,452 Posts
GM has a leveling kit for your truck.
If you get it installed at a dealer your warranty is still good.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nice looks but they are not 35’s
Ok all, Very confusing posts and here's my question. I've got a 19 Trailboss with a stock suspension. I'm considering going up in tire size to get more clearance but don't want to go the route of a considerable lift. Here are my questions:
1. While the 2019 has a 2 inch factory lift. It's my understanding that it doesn't have a leveling kit and doing so would allow me to run 34's (295-70-R18) on the factory rim. Has anybody done this?
2. What leveling kit have people used? Looking for recommendations and I'm not sure if there is a considerable difference in performance between leveling kits. Frankly, I don't know which is why I am asking?
3. Has anybody put 295-70-R18's on the factory rim and do you have pictures you could share?

READY, SET, HELP PLEASE....
I have been running the 1.5 rough county leveling kit on my 2020 trailboss with zero issues ... I still have stock 18’s with duratracs ... I do have a buddy who is running 295/70/18 on stock 18’s on his trail boss with not scrubbing (no level)...I’ll post a pic of mine though on stock wheels. So I think a 285/75/18 (35/11.00) should fit without hitting the upper control arms

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts

I have been running the 1.5 rough county leveling kit on my 2020 trailboss with zero issues ... I still have stock 18’s with duratracs ... I do have a buddy who is running 295/70/18 on stock 18’s on his trail boss with not scrubbing (no level)...I’ll post a pic of mine though on stock wheels. So I think a 285/75/18 (35/11.00) should fit without hitting the upper control arms
Now this was helpful. Did you or your buddy notice any huge difference with fuel millage or your speedometer? I've been considering going with a Ready Lift 2 inch lift kit and it's good to know that if I do I can go to 35's. Thanks for the help!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Now this was helpful. Did you or your buddy notice any huge difference with fuel millage or your speedometer? I've been considering going with a Ready Lift 2 inch lift kit and it's good to know that if I do I can go to 35's. Thanks for the help!!!
Should have added the picture. I hit a deer causing $11K in damage. I replaced my front and rear bumper when they fixed the damage.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Does your buddy have any rubbing on the control arms at all? I'm leaning towards going with 295/70/18's for now and down the road lifting the truck when I'm out of my factory warranty. Seems like a simple way to go with very minimal investment.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Does your buddy have any rubbing on the control arms at all? I'm leaning towards going with 295/70/18's for now and down the road lifting the truck when I'm out of my factory warranty. Seems like a simple way to go with very minimal investment.
He’s said he has zero issues , there is about half and inch or maybe a little less than that space in between control arm and side wall... and the tires are Toyos ... so they run true to size

21 - 40 of 42 Posts