GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you join one of the Chevy Clubs, you have access to them all. As you can see, the grand total of users across these sites is roughly 500 users. Feel free to click on the "other chevy club sites" link on the left and post away on any of the sites.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
There may be some issues with people's post levels, etc. I'll take a look at this when I get home this evening. I may have to share some more tables, etc.

G

·
0 Posts
Steve it seems the easiest fix is to make sure that all users log out and then back in. Make sure you're logged in as yourself before posting. etc etc...

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, sorry about this mess. I'll take a look at it when I get home. I think that some of the database numbers aren't looking at the right places.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think there were a few problems. I think I have them fixed, or will have them fixed tonight or tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
18 Posts
my post count is still screwy...i've logged out and logged back in and still wacky...i don't have my avatar or my signature....

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, I have fixed some of the screwy accounts. (not all, I have a baby screaming in my ear that needs attention).

Anyhow, the problem was the the system duplicated a few user accounts becuase I didn't clear out a special user cache that is in the database.

Essentially, the sites all had users that started at #1. Then they each had a #2, #3, #4, #5 ... until the last user. So I just added them all together into one database table and kept the numbers going.

So when I merged the sites together instead of being user #15 on the old database, you're now user #400 in the new one. However, the message board cache still was looking for user #15. So, it merged the data from the new #15 with the old #15 and that's how the problem got started.

Anyhow, there were only like 10 of these on all of the sites, not too bad. I have copied all the relevant information (like the avatar) and have adjusted your post counts so that you're no longer newbies. :)

G

·
0 Posts
WooHoo!!!

Cool! It's nice to be me again. Unfortunately I've moved in signup ranking. I joined June 7th and was #29, now it says June13th, and I'm user #45. Ehh...oh well. I'm not whining...really. :wink:

Just happy to have my information back again!!! Thanks Steve!!!
:D :D :D

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry, I should have made all of these GM sites linked together from the start. That would have solved some of these problems.

Anyhow, things appear to be pretty stable and the site has never crashed or gone down, I just got a couple of wires crosses to so speak during this database merge.

G

·
0 Posts
You know what they say...."Hind sight is 20/20" At least the rough part is behind you now. :)

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The overall reason why I'm doing this is becuase I want to make sites for all GM vehicles and have them all linked together so that when you signup for one, you sign-up for them all. That's the end goal.

The problem is that I have #1. A life. and #2. A full-time job. So, this is my hobby and I just have a few hours per week to work on it.

G

·
0 Posts
Whoah....Didn't mean to say something that offended you. Thought it was casual conversation. Sorry.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
GRRRR! ;-)

No, I'm not offended. Just wish that there were 36 hours in each day.

G

·
0 Posts
Only problem with having 36 hours in each day would be that you'd be nearly twice as tired, unless you intended to sleep more of those hours....

I get night watch/feedings over our 2-1/2 month old son, so I suppose I could go for 36 hour days. A little extra sleep might be nice before I have to drag myself back into work. :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts