GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Who loves MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM THE FAMILY by Robert Earl Keene?
I moved to Texas from Washington State in August 1999 and one of the biggest changes for me was the difference in the winter and the holidays. We always did a big Thanksgiving/Christmas dinner ... when I moved here and dated an east Texas girl --- this video has images very much like I saw at her grandparent's house! Just something that I really connect with.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I love this song so I looked it up and the video was on YouTube. He's all smiles, reminds me of some Christmas' when I grew up, minus the obvious rednecks there. ;-)

·
Registered
269 Posts
that's great. I love REK and have seen him in concert a few times. He won't play this song after the middle of Jaunaury or therearound and won't play it again in concert until like November.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey everyone, watch this again! It's been nearly a year!!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
you know i heard this song on big frog the other day and wondered what the heck it was. now i know. pretty pumped about that.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This just might be the official Christmas song for GMTC!

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

I like this song so much that I even like this version of it.

[video=youtube;Y1nqMG3swOc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=Y1nqMG3swOc[/video]

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have to bump this. Just that time of year.

·
Registered
898 Posts
ol.....you are quite sentimental.....nothing wrong with that.
Merry early Christmas, Steve.... Brian

·
Registered
542 Posts
Makes an ole country boy feel right at home. Merry Christmas everyone,

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's a tradition to listen to this realistic version of Christmas in texas. "A can of fake snow" ...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts