GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are a lot of nicer and crazier lifted, mod Silverado out there but I guess I can just throw the pic of my truck online for suggestion or criticize ?:happy:
It's 2009 Silverado with 3.5 Doetchtech Spindle, 1'' spacer. 3'' rear block. 17x9 Procomp. 285x70x17 BFG AT. Chrome grill ( don't feel it, looks kinda weird, maybe it's just me). I'm planning to add the intake but not sure what else. Open to suggestion :)

Jason photo(3).jpg photo(2).jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
look's good man, i like the height not too high just right.. i was actually thinking about just lifting my truck 3.5 inchs at first but decided to go bigger to 7.5 inches and actually love it!

·
Registered
539 Posts
your truck looks good, i think thats the kit im going to go with, cant beat the price

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Nice hight.. You can still park in SOME Garages..... Looks good...

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Looks good and I like your grill. Like others have said, it looks like a good height.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Is your truck 2wd? I am looking on their website and it only lists spindles for 2wd not 4wd.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guy, I thought of going higher and actually put on the procomp 6'' before. However, it's not very practical since it's my DD. but over all, I enjoyed it, I gotta say GM made a lot better truck than Ford (had a F150 before) or Toyota (my friend owns a Tundra and it's a piece of crap).

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

Yup, it's 2wd. I think Doestchtech made the lift kit for 4WD too, but I'm not sure, you may need to call them.

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

Sorry but I'm not sure what you meant by Fender measurement?

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
For the fender measurements just measure at the center of the wheel from the ground to the fender.

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
Your truck looks great! Since you are planning to add an intake, may want to think about an exhaust.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Patrick,
Ya I was thinking of Fender Flare and tourrer cover too. Should I paint the Flare white or black? Anyone has any new body silverado with the Flare photo? Thanks

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I think the boldges in the body and then the fender flares on top of that is just too much IMO.....

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
If you off-road at all in any tight spaces (i.e. near trees) then one thing to think about is how much wider fender flares will make your truck, especially since you have a NBS with mini-flares already built in. Our trucks are pretty bulky to begin with and to add them on all 4 corners really lessens your turning abilities. I've done some side damage on a few occasions and I can only imagine how much damage there would be if I had on flares.

Just another perspective to think about......

·
Registered
992 Posts
truck looks great bro.

·
Registered
70 Posts
so that spindle kit works on 08 and up but not 07? what gives?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts