GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am being deployed in 120 days for a few years and want to sell my teal green/black trimmed 1992 Suburban K2500. It has a 454-virgin, 4 wheel drive, 3/4 ton suspension and freezin air. It also has a 3 inch body lift. I am running 16x10 Centerline ConvoPro rims w/ 32x10 Goodyear tires. The flloor has been completely Rhino Line covered for extra quietness. The truck has about 220,000 miles but everything has been kept up well and I have started doing some restoration on the interior. It is a great driving vehicle!

The not so good....Passenger door and passenger rear door have a crease from an idiot driver and am looking to get that repaired before I sell.

I haven't looked in the blue book for a price but would like to start asking $5200. Please contact me at my military address for more info and pics. Also, any ideas would be greatly appreciated. If i can't sell it I want to store it for the few years I will be gone. Ideas there would also be nice. Anybody want to store my truck for 3 years and start/drive it weekly??

Ya'll have a great day!!
Mongo

[email protected]

ps...the truck is located in Sarasota Florida, 1 hour below Tampa.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Sorry I can’t afford it and you are to far away, but here is a free bump to the top for you and

keep your head down.

We all appreciate your service and hope all goes well when you are out there.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
*bump*
Thanks for all you do:great:

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Appreciate your service! Leaving for a long time will change your world, hope selling your Suburban isn't too rough. But, I think that either selling her or finding someone you can trust to watch her and start her up weekly is the best thing. You'll still be legally liable in case of a wreck if someone wipes out a school bus with it while you're overseas.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Accidents and such go against the driver, not the owner of the vehicle .
:sign0018:

Not legal liability. If person X gives person Y their vehicle to drive and they hit and kill someone, the legal owner of the vehicle is liable for the accident. There may be some exceptions in some states, but all states I've been in have worked that way.

There was a story in Seattle about 15 years ago. A doctor worth several million dollars bought his college-age son a corvette to go to school with. The car was in the kids name and the dad's name, with the doctor dad paying the bill. The kid got drunk and caused a fatality accident. The family of the victim sued the dad (legal owner of the car) and won a multi-million $$ settlement.That's just something to think about if you let your friends drive your vehicles. ;-)

·
Registered
270 Posts
I cant afford buying it but if you need a place to keep it til you get back . i have a 3 car garage dont have room in garage but driveway is big enough to park it there. least i can do being your doing a service for all of us. if you dont find a place up by you or sell it. just as a last resort let me know. good luck in selling it and come back in one piece.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everybody for the kind words and I will give updates as they come.

Blackjack - your offer is exciting and will keep it in mind!!

Ian

1 - 8 of 8 Posts