GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife drives a 97 S10 Blazer 4x4 with the 4.3.I checked the anifreeze in it this morning and found that it need topping up,also looking very very milky and thick.Would anyone here have an idea what might be causing this?

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
Milky & thick looking, is an oil and water mix. Follow Ray's advice, he knows what he is talking about. Also it could be a cracked head or block. Has it ever run hot ? Another thing to check is to pull the spark plugs. Where the leak is, the plug will be very clean. The water that is leaking in from the head gasket or whatever, will have a cleaning effect, so the plug for the cylinder where the leak is will be very clean compared to the other plugs. Also a compression check will help pinpoint where the leak is.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the come back guys.Oil itself doesn't look murky,just down some,but I'm told thats normal for that engine with close to 220,000 kms.Don't think There's 5000kms on this oil change yet.I'll have to check the exhaust tomorrow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.