GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday as I was driving it, I begin to smell gas fumes inside. I thought it was the car in front of me so I switched lanes, then my truck begin to start skipping. When I got home, I decided to change the plugs and wires considering I haven't changed them since I bought it last August (it had about 123K miles on it and now has 135+K). After the change, still skipping. Checked the wires for good connection (spark) still skipping.

Earlier, I was blowing out the ECM-1 fuse and changed the distributor but still blowing out fuse so I had a friend at the dealership look at it and told me I had an injector that was bad.

Can this be an injector again or something else?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Yesterday as I was driving it, I begin to smell gas fumes inside. I thought it was the car in front of me so I switched lanes, then my truck begin to start skipping. When I got home, I decided to change the plugs and wires considering I haven't changed them since I bought it last August (it had about 123K miles on it and now has 135+K). After the change, still skipping. Checked the wires for good connection (spark) still skipping.

Earlier, I was blowing out the ECM-1 fuse and changed the distributor but still blowing out fuse so I had a friend at the dealership look at it and told me I had an injector that was bad.

Can this be an injector again or something else?

Thanks!!!

If you had your friend at the dealership diagnose the issue and told yah that then you already know what to fix :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After going to see my father yesterday, my father and I went through the system again. We realized that cylinder 3 and 7 weren't firing constantly. We replaced the distributor, including button and cap, about a month ago. We decided to replace the button and cap again and all 8 are firing again.

My father told me something a long time ago....new doesn't mean good!

Thanks for the viewing and comment(s) concerning this post.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts