GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright boys and girls. I noticed a small box plugged into a harness under my seat. It's a Delco part, model 16152531 (serial 2071496). See picture below;

I started the truck with the module in it's current location and also unplugged and there was no change. I've searched the web looking for performance parts, original parts, and used parts and haven't come up with anything. Does anyone know what this darn thing is and what it does??

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
Flux capaciter. Only kicks in when your traveling through time.
j/k
Gotta look under my seat now to see if I have one.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Yeah my flux capaciter was malfunctioning for a while. I could only go back in time it was terrible, although there was some great offroading during the creatacious period.:lol: I'll check too and see if i have one.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Isn't that to do with power seat stuff or air bags or something like that?

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Hey let me know if you 2 find anything good under there...Maybe a donut or 2?

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I've got it too. I noticed it some time back, and thought it had to do with the seats.

The mystery goes on.
Maybe Fiero, or unplugged can solve this one for us.

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
I've got one about under the drivers seat of my 96 4x4. My neighbors 95 2wd doesnt have one. Maybe something to do with the 4x4 and transfercase.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I've got one about under the drivers seat of my 96 4x4. My neighbors 95 2wd doesnt have one. Maybe something to do with the 4x4 and transfercase.
Very possible. Now that this thread started, I was thinking maybe transmission controller.

My transfer case is all manual, the only electronic part of it was the Thermal Linear Actuator(TLA) on the front axle, the switch to activate it, and the light to indicate 4X4.

So the only thing that might control would be my 4L80E trans, not my 4x4. IMO

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's a good possibility as I didn't try to move the truck with the module unplugged... Anyone else have an opinion??

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
If it's not the flux capaciter.... my vote is for the optional ejector seat package.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
If it's not the flux capaciter.... my vote is for the optional ejector seat package.
I wonder if it's part of a keyless entry system? I don't know if my burb has that option or not. I never got a key fob, and my RPO sticker is ruined, can't read it.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I wonder if it's part of a keyless entry system? I don't know if my burb has that option or not. I never got a key fob, and my RPO sticker is ruined, can't read it.
Ya I was kinda thinking that myself...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My sticker doesn't have any of the codes for keyless entry but that doesn't mean it wasn't added on later.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
I vote for ejection seat.

Melanie votes for,

That’s where Thing lives, you know the hand on the Addams family. Knock on it and he will come out to help.

After looking at a GM, Delco site I can find nothing about that part number, but with those numbers I am wondering if its not the computer?

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
After looking at a GM, Delco site I can find nothing about that part number, but with those numbers I am wondering if its not the computer?
My ECU is behind my glove box. I've verified this since I had to replace the PROM in it when my father owned the burb before me.
Doesn't seem to make sense that if it were in two pieces it would be separated so far away from it's counterpart. IMO

Maybe it's time to tear into this box, and read the PC board. Maybe it will reveal something of itself.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think it has something to do with the stereo. The reason why is that if you look at the wires, they are the same color pattern as the speaker wires going through out the vehicle. Just a thought!

Maddog

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think it has something to do with the stereo. The reason why is that if you look at the wires, they are the same color pattern as the speaker wires going through out the vehicle. Just a thought!

Maddog
It's a possibility! But what would it do? There's no power running to it or anything?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was informed that that is the module that controlled the speed controlled volume on the factory head units.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts