GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at putting a Banks kit on my 2007 2500 with the duramax.How can i tell what motor i have in the truck.Also will this void any warranty i have on my truck

·
Registered
533 Posts
thats a real grey area any serious engine upgrades or mods the dealership kinda looks down apon .. I do know for a fact that the dealership sometimes will not work on any engines that have mods done when a warranty is in play ..

maybe someone else may be able to chime in with some info :)

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Is your 2007 a Classic body style, or new body style? Mine is a 2006 with the LBZ and the Classic 2007's should be the same and then they went to the LMM for the new body style. I am looking at upgrading my exhaust as well but only going with a 4" cat-back exhaust.
Once my warranty is up I may go for a turbo-back or even a 5" exhaust depending how much I plan to upgrade my diesel.
For now it will just be 4" cat-back exhaust, a cold air intake, and a mild programmer that I can reset to factory settings in-case of needed warranty work.
Too extreme of mods will cause codes to be thrown and then it becomes your problem instead of a warranty issue.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
As far as the warranty is concerned, Federal Law protects the consumers right to add aftermarket parts. Gale Banks has a policy of educating dealerships who toss the "warranty voided due to customer mods."

Here is a Gale Banks quote from dieselstop.com
143.166.82.241:(22:38:54) skippy : Gale, I am research modifing my 97, and have conserns about the manufacture's warrenties. I have read what is on your site, but can you give us any tips on how to handle a reluctant dealer?
207.217.174.128:(23:01:37) Gale Banks : Skippy, call us. If you have Banks product, we'll go to bat for you with the dealer. Once they understand federal warranty law, the problems always seem to go away.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Check your RPO code list, it should have the engine code there.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I am looking at putting a Banks kit on my 2007 2500 with the duramax.How can i tell what motor i have in the truck.Also will this void any warranty i have on my truck
Should be the 8 digit in the vin to identify the engine code. Checkout decodethis for a free vin decoder.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts