GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009 Chevy LT Duramax 4x4. Everything including wheels and tires are stock. What should my average MPG be?

thanks for the info

Armando

·
Registered
830 Posts
I would say expect 14 city and 19 hwy

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would say expect 14 city and 19 hwy
The trip computer says. 12.6, 90 percent of my driving is highway. Drove to see my daughter this weekend and did about an 900 mile trip all highway and the trip computer is still reading 12.6. Best Ive seen is 12.7. Are those chip re programmers worth looking into?

Armando

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
I have a friend thats getting 19 hwy. with his 4x4 crewcab Duramax. Yes the programmers do help mpg's alot on diesel engines about 4mpg's. Check out Diablo's Trinity programmer.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The trip computer says. 12.6, 90 percent of my driving is highway. Drove to see my daughter this weekend and did about an 900 mile trip all highway and the trip computer is still reading 12.6. Best Ive seen is 12.7. Are those chip re programmers worth looking into?

Armando
The only way to know your true MPG is to track it. I use a spreadsheet for mine but you will need to keep track of the total gallons, miles and the miles between each tankful. You will also need to fill it up and do that several times to know for sure what you are getting.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
The trip computer says. 12.6, 90 percent of my driving is highway. Drove to see my daughter this weekend and did about an 900 mile trip all highway and the trip computer is still reading 12.6. Best Ive seen is 12.7. Armando
Your mpg computer is stuck Armondo. There was another poster on here several months ago that had his stuck on 15.2, the only change he ever saw was about a tenth. He was going to take it to the dealer & get it reprogramed or repaired but it finally fixed itself. I would check your owners manual to see if there are any specific instructions to correct them when they are stuck.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ahh thanks very much, I guess I should have gone to the trucks instruction manual.

I will look through it this evening

Thank you
Armando

1 - 7 of 7 Posts