GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 GMC Sierra 4.8L. Previous owner replaced original muffler with a Flowmaster 2-chamber 40 series. Too loud, too much interior noise. I replaced the 40 with a 3-chamber 50 series. A bit better, but still too loud and the interior noise is still very bothersome.

Does anyone have experience with Magnaflow on this vehicle and the corresponding level of interior noise?

I went to several dealerships seeking to purchase the original muffler. They do not sell just the muffler, only the enitre muffler and pipe assembly (around $500). I need just the muffler. Anyway, I couldn't find any internet aftermarket OEM shops who sell just the muffler either. Don't know what to do.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I am trying to minimize, or even eliminate, all interior drone noise.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can purchase just a muffler from just about anywhere.....autozone, o'reilly autoparts, advance, jegs.com, etc. All of these places do sell aftermarket mufflers. It is a good idea to go to the magnaflow website, one of the manufacturers that I do like, prefer other than flow master. Double check to see if the orginal cat. is still installed? If so, purchase an aftermarket free-flowing cat. from jegs.com for about $100 and change it too.
I have a '01 Silverado with a 4.8 with nearly 160,000 on it...am at the point of wanting to start working on the exhaust.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Magnaflow will most likely be louder than your muffler you have now. I have a dynomax super turbo muffler and it is loud on the outside but it doesn't resonate oo bad on the inside and they only cost $52 from JEGS.COM

1 - 5 of 5 Posts