GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got a performance tune from black bear performance on my totally stock 05 Z71 burb. Looking to do the exhaust next.
From what I read, i am not looking to do a cat back. Love the corsa kit but don't have the $900+ to drop on this. Wanted to just do a muffler.
Need to confirm my in/out please. I think it is 3.0 in and 3.0 out but not sure. HELP!
Also, looking at a flowmaster 50 SUV series or a mangnaflow.
This is the wifes rig so don't want to much noise but I do want the good sound on acceleration.
I need an easy muffler install that I don't have to weld. I can saws all the old one out and need a good kit with clamps to install the new one.
Recommendations??
Thanks

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
I would be suurprised if it is 3 inches i would think it would be a 2.5 but could be wrong, as for a muffler flowmaster will be loud, i have magnaflow and love the sound very little drone on the highway as well, I would save the money and get a full exhaust when you can along with a CAI and then get a retune to get full benefits

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just got a performance tune from black bear performance on my totally stock 05 Z71 burb. Looking to do the exhaust next.
From what I read, i am not looking to do a cat back. Love the corsa kit but don't have the $900+ to drop on this. Wanted to just do a muffler.
Need to confirm my in/out please. I think it is 3.0 in and 3.0 out but not sure. HELP!
Also, looking at a flowmaster 50 SUV series or a mangnaflow.
This is the wifes rig so don't want to much noise but I do want the good sound on acceleration.
I need an easy muffler install that I don't have to weld. I can saws all the old one out and need a good kit with clamps to install the new one.
Recommendations??
Thanks
In that case...Borla exhaust hands down
It sounds throaty when accelerating, but it isn't as noisey as flows.
It sounds REALLY good! I had it on my old 07, and it is a great sounding exhaust that isnt annoying.

I promise you'll be happy

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
I have magnaflow and like it alot my dad has a borla on his 07 crewcab and there is alot of exhaust drone while on the highway

1 - 4 of 4 Posts