GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2.5 inch pipeing true dual with no mufflers it really loud and snappy . Im kind of getting sick of it. What brand of mufflers could i buy that would make my exhaust deap tone but still be loud? and not be to expensive. keepi in mind i want to to be loud but a different loud than it is now I want it deep throaty. any sugestions??

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
another thing i was thinking about was since mine are true dual should i buy a muffler for each pipe or one with dual inlets. which would be louder? cause i know true duals are louder.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
True duals, 2 mufflers will be louder. If you like it to be loud sometimes but not always, I'd suggest single flowmaster 40 series with a manual cut-out. With the cut-out you'll be able to bypass the muffler if you so fit by undoing 3 screws that takes 15 secs. I had this setup on my last truck and loved it. :great: best part is the muffler is like 65 dollars and the cut-out is I think 30. It's best to have it all welded up by a shop so I'd say out the door with maybe $150.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Cherry bombs or magna flow and bassani Borla and corsa are also better but expensive. You can chck ebay and might find something cheap there. Sorry not a fan of flow masters. I dont want my chevy to sound like a ford .

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
black jack Cherry bombs or magna flow and bassani Borla and corsa are also better but expensive. You can chck ebay and might find something cheap there. Sorry not a fan of flow masters. I dont want my chevy to sound like a ford .
I'd love for my GM to sound like a Mustang. ( Please don't hate me but they sound amazing with the right set-up)

·
Registered
533 Posts
I'd love for my GM to sound like a Mustang. ( Please don't hate me but they sound amazing with the right set-up)
Those Mustangs sound nice my neighbor has the 08 and it just sounds nice and sweet when he gives it a little gas. I would also love to have the hoe sound so sweet :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think im going to do dual super 44's with dual cut outs before the mufflers! then i get the best of both worlds. I also found 3 1/2 turndowns that you can put on the cut-outs

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
one question do the turn downs mess up the flow at all since they have that extra pipe coming down?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I don't think they would mess up the flow since they would be attached to the cut-out and only come into play when the cut-out's are open. I'm just wondering if your going to have a problem with backpressure or leaking with all the tubing and routing going on?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Years ago (I'm not going to say how many) I was always a fan of Cherry Bombs. Typically my cars always had dual exhausts with an H pipe to equalize back pressure. The sound was always a nice mellow rumble that gave way to a pleasant noise when you hit the gas.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't think they would mess up the flow since they would be attached to the cut-out and only come into play when the cut-out's are open. I'm just wondering if your going to have a problem with backpressure or leaking with all the tubing and routing going on?

you dont think i would have enough back pressure? i still have cats. all i would need it section of each pipe cut out for the mufflers then a small section for the cutouts before the mufflers

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
oh by turn downs i mean there are ones that can be fit on the end of the cut -out so its directed where ever you want. dual mufflers are going to be expesive. would dual in dual out flowmaster 40 have a good deep tone?

·
Registered
270 Posts
no no hate here. every body has dif tastes. Ive had corsa on my 02 av and loved the sound. I put them on my 05 gto and it made it sound like a race car. funny thing is when i take it out for a ride cant find any mustangs anywhere and when i do for some reason they keep a long distance from me. Any way back to orig. the less back flow you have the better. the straighter the pipe the better. but i dont think you should have too much of a problem. post some pics when you get it done.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have decided to hold off for now. keep the true dual awhile longer so i can do some more research. I have seen on jegs.com race mufflers there small and straight through design how would that sound??

1 - 17 of 17 Posts