GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to update my headlights , they are not bright. Been looking at a Supernova Led. But anyway. My question is , on a 2001 silverado , on low beam only one light is on. OK good. On high beam , only one beam on. Shouldn't both be on. Then I checked our blazer , same. One light at a time. I would think that on high both would be. I really didn't pay any attention until now.

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
No. To achieve all 4 headlights on when you put them on high beams, you have to add a relay. I did my 97 sevral years ago. When I saw how bright the light were on high, I added a 2ed relay to power my dim lights. When you power your lights rite off of the battery, they are a LOT brighter. The OE wiring is small and does not carry enough current. That is why your lights are dim. Here are some videos to help you. Also, I had to do away with my DRLs. Just the current from that was enough to trip the relay for my dim lights. I just pulled the fuse. Here is a pic of my truck lite up, also. Oh and ALWAYS solder and heat shrink your connections.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Automotive tire

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No. To achieve all 4 headlights on when you put them on high beams, you have to add a relay. I did my 97 sevral years ago. When I saw how bright the light were on high, I added a 2ed relay to power my dim lights. When you power your lights rite off of the battery, they are a LOT brighter. The OE wiring is small and does not carry enough current. That is why your lights are dim. Here are some videos to help you. Also, I had to do away with my DRLs. Just the current from that was enough to trip the relay for my dim lights. I just pulled the fuse. Here is a pic of my truck lite up, also. Oh and ALWAYS solder and heat shrink your connections. View attachment 134250
Want to thank all for the info. I was looking at this all wrong. I ordered the relay I needed and will get the job done and again thanks to you all....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts