GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. I had the strangest thing happen to me this morning. I ran out to put fuel in my truck. The windshield was kinda foggy so I turned on the defroster and set the temp to 78. Ran up to the gas station. On the way back, the wipers turned on and started spraying washer fluid. Ok, maybe I hit the lever. Well, it did it again 3 more times. There was about 15 seconds between each. I've got the SLE2 package. Is this gonna be a normal thing? I've read the manual pretty well and didn't see any mention of this kind of thing. I'd rather not have to take this to the shop just yet.....

Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen yet.:confused:

JB

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm gonna try to replicate the settings today and see if it happens again. I guess if it does that's what it's supposed to do. Oh well. Too many computers for me....

JB

·
Registered
8 Posts
Heated washers!

Sounds like u have heated washer fluid on your SLE,my silverado has it.MY button for it is just under the rear defog button you could of hit that button! Not sure location on GMC. But my heated washer operates every few seconds for i think 4 times. Hope this helps.:great:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had a somewhat similar issue with my 07 Silverado. From time to time when I plug my GPS in the wipers and fluid go crazy. Then it stops, and then 10 seconds later it does it again.

I can't replicate it on demand for the dealer though, so they look at me like I am stupid...

Oh yeah, and I do have heated washer fluid.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've got the heated washer fluid as well. Button is located at the bottom of the center stack in the center. out of the way and all. I wonder if it's not tied into the defroster mode somehow. I haven't been able to make it do it again so I don't know...maybe I did hit it. Oh well. If it does it again, I'll try to figure out what I did and take it to the dealer then.

Other than that, I love this truck. Had a jeep. Miss my jeep. Love this truck though.

JB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts