GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I finally found an old picture and I took a picture of the front end today.

This is the picture I took today

An angle shot when I first bought it

Starting Tuesday I am gonna get heavy into doing the body work and prepping so it can be painted soon. I will post pictures along the way.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Thats a pretty straight old truck. Does it have much rust? Have you decided on a color? We painted an old 50 chevy years ago and i went to the new car lots and was looking at the different colors and decided on an 86 GM color Flame red which sounds like it would be a really bright red but its actually between a red and a maroon,very nice color but back then it seemed expensive at $23.00 a quart when you could buy black for $33.00 a gallon.:great:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was very rusty. Once the body work is done I will post the before and after pictures. I decided on color close to princeton blue.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just added bucket seats like I was asking about adding in a previous thread

Also a small speaker box I made since my stock speakers are a weird size to replace, this was also my first attempt at making a speaker box

·
Registered
284 Posts
Nice seats. Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My grandfather taught me and my dad how to spray on primer. And hopefully I will be the one to lay the primer on bed and MAYBE even lay the paint, but my grandfather will lay the clear.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here are some pics i took the other day. I am gonna take some more pics once I add the offroad lights and bar on the roof.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
looking good man! What are your plans with it after the paint?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i plan on doing a 3" lift and new tires and subs/amp for now. pending on how much money i start making will depend on what i do to the truck.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The truck is now Princeton blue, pics will be up soon. I have decided to do a 6" lift once I get a decent full time job.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts