GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the truck in (Not enough time in the day) to shop to investigate small oil leak and a vacuum leak. He hasn't got the vacuum leak yet but called me and asked me if I had a big trailer. Apparently there is a oil cooler on it and its one of the leaks. He said it should just be removed and just go back to regular screw in filter. What do you guys think, I'm only hauling a 12' tent trailer?

The rear main seal was not leaking like I thought :yipi:Thank goodness. He's going to power wash motor and use dye to find the other leaks. I'm glad he's got time cuz I sure don't.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not done yet! He must be liking my truck...:rofl:
I guess I should pick it up friday. He said it drives out beautiful

·
Registered
284 Posts
C. G. I pull a 3500 lb ski boat .And I don't force things. (hard accels.).
You are the judge on this one. Store the unit, or don't take off the cooler, and you can always switch back.
Next year I'm going to use a trailor for the boat, I hear that should make it real easy on the truck.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I found a new shop buddy he replaced and fixed all kinds of stuff and only charged me $120. All fluid leaks I had stopped. There is still dye in the oil just in case. I hate fluid drips with a passion...

·
Registered
284 Posts
cableguy, oil leak

:great: Great news.. that's one thing behind you. I just fixed an oil leak on 70 c10. took 2wks. I know how great that can feel . now you can store the drip pan. Now get back in that bucket. Nice picture.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My dad is doing a 70 C10 right now. He's doing a complete restoration on it. In fact he asked to borrow my engine stand to rebuild his 350. I should post some pictures of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts