GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few pics of my 2007 Silverado 1500 Classic. It's a 2wd powered by a 4.3L V6 with an automatic trans.
Let me know what ya think!!!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
very nice looking... around how much did that amp/sub/box setup cost you?
I got a steal on the amp, $88 on ebay. The Sony sub was $60 at my local Electronic express, and I also got the box there, It was $65. Thats weird how the box costs more than the sub.:lol: My head unit was $200 from Crutchfield. All total, I have about $413 into the stereo so far. I plan to replace the factory door and rear pillar speakers with sony's also. When I'm done, I will still have under $600 into my system.:money:

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Nice looking ride!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Looks good, very clean looking truck. For the speakers, I definately wouldn't recommend Sony. Poor quality, below average SQ, etc. Check out Infinity or Polk Audio.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how hard was it to wire it up
Not hard at all. This was actually the easiest install I have ever done. I had to get the special harness though that keeps the chimes and the Retained accessory power working, but that was only $40. The wiring for the amp was easy to route out of sight. I just ran it under the door sill plates. The remote turn on wire and preamp signal wires are ran on the drivers side and the power wires are ran on the passenger side. I had to drill a small hole in the firewall on the passenger side to route the power wire through, I used a rubber grommet to seal the hole around the wire. Everything is clean and out of sight. All the wires are protected from damage too. It took me about two hours for the whole install. I also routed the wire along the back of the firewall in some wire loom, you cant tell it's not a factory wire!!! The wire connects to a 30 amp inline fuse then connects to the power take off point (the little red box) under the hood. The amp is grounded to the floor pan of the truck. If you have any other questions, let me know. I'll be glad to help.

Jack

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks good, very clean looking truck. For the speakers, I definately wouldn't recommend Sony. Poor quality, below average SQ, etc. Check out Infinity or Polk Audio.
Thanks. Sony has really improved their speakers over the last year. I still don't like their amps and stereos. I used to hate sony's speakers, until I was at the local electronic express and the salesman was demoing some different subs and speakers for me, I was impressed by how much better sony stuff has become. The sub is on par with the more expensive ones (my sony sounded about the same as a 10" Kicker Comp VR) and the other speakers preformed I think better than most other brands. I was originally planning on going with all Pioneer electronics (and I did) and kicker speakers, but after hearing the new sony stuff, and seeing the much better price, I changed my mind. They're really not bad anymore. You should check them out.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Jack once I get all the stuff I will message you. Do you have a myspace? I plan on using all Kenwood stuff, I have a Kenwood headunit and everyone I know has had good luck with them.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jack once I get all the stuff I will message you. Do you have a myspace? I plan on using all Kenwood stuff, I have a Kenwood headunit and everyone I know has had good luck with them.
Yes, I'm on myspace. http://www.myspace.com/jc_dirtdog

Kenwood stuff is great. I have used there amps and subs in the past, and my sister in law had a kenwood CD player in her '92 K1500 Z71 and it sounded and worked great. Just let me know when you need help.:glasses:

Jack

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
jack, if you could send me a friend request my link is www.myspace.com/md4x4_fireman2 also if you have not added the sites myspace please do so and you will be added to the top
Done. I already add this site's myspace, I did that before I became a member! That's how I found out about this site.:money:
You can also use any of the pictures of my truck that are on my profile for the gmtruckclub profile if you want to.

Later.
Jack

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Done. I already add this site's myspace, I did that before I became a member! That's how I found out about this site.:money:
You can also use any of the pictures of my truck that are on my profile for the gmtruckclub profile if you want to.

Later.
Jack
I noticed right after you sent me the request. I should be adding your pictures monday

·
Registered
717 Posts
looks good :great:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nice truck...any other plans?
Oh yeah!!! :lol:Custom wheels, custom grill clear tail lights, maybe a bed cover. I'm not sure what else, just kinda figuring it out as I go. hehe:money:

Thanks to everyone for the complements. I know it isn't much now, but I'm getting there.

Jack

1 - 19 of 19 Posts