GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
finally got rid of my wimpy 265/70r17 street tires, and put on some 285/70r17 falken high country AT's

before

after

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
wait a Min....... You did something else........ I just can't put my nose on it...... (Like your front nose LOL ) Looks good...

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Amazing what just a set of tires can do!! looks good.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Nice upgrade :great:How do they ride/ handle?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys, according to my wife they ride smooth , no noise, ill have to see for myself in 26 days

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
thanks guys, according to my wife they ride smooth , no noise, ill have to see for myself in 26 days
Come home safely, thanks for your service.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Looks good!! Let us know how they ride and be safe for the next few weeks!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
looks nice

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Looks much better, very nice.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Any rubbing when you turn your steering wheel all the way?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i had my wife to test it at full lock, while i was video chatting with her on her iphone, she did a few circles both left and right and she said there wasnt any rubbing:great:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looks great!...What size wheels are they the 17 x 8 or 17 x 9?? I just bought a 2011 and I really like these wheels and want to use them with 285/70/17s like you did... When you put the 285's on how much trimming did you have to do??? I dont mind trimmming some plastic, but I dont want to cut metal if i dont have to.. Thanks

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
they are 17x9, and no trimming was needed, but i do have a rough country 2" leveling kit

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
i had my wife to test it at full lock, while i was video chatting with her on her iphone, she did a few circles both left and right and she said there wasnt any rubbing:great:
Thats good to know as i plan to do 285s next time,thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
they are 17x9, and no trimming was needed, but i do have a rough country 2" leveling kit
I plan on doing a Rough Country or a Top Gun Customz 2.5" level as well... WOW no trimming, you must be REAL close to the inner fender though when turning.. Everything I read with 285's you need a positive offset to not rub...I know the 17 x 9 are a -6 offset...I hope I am as lucky when i put mine on..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts